Kids! Sometimes you just want to...........

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So we're out on a little nature drive and I say to my son, who is driving, "Stop! Your F150 will never make it through that flooded woods!" But................he didn't listen, so there we were tonight, stuck in a door deep, mosquito infested flooded forest. Everyone loves their kids, but sometimes you just want to knock'em on top the head, scream, "Hello! Is there anything in there!" So after climbing out the windows to reach the truck bed we called someone to come pull us out, the welts all over my neck, arms and face growing in number by the minute. Finally the guy shows up and he pulls us out with no problem, and his final words to my son as he was departing were, "See, I told you you should bought a Chevy!" :laughing7:

spartacus53

Banned
Jul 5, 2009
Whiting, NJ
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
My best friend told me a story that happened to him decades ago. At the time he had owned by his own admission, one beat up old VW bug. Apparently when he was stopping at a light a kid rolled up to him on a skate board and said, "Hey mister, nice car", and then skated off into the sunset :laughing7:

truckinbutch

Silver Member
Feb 15, 2008
Morgantown,WV
Detector(s) used
Bounty Hunter Landstar
:tongue3: I did similar things to my Dad back when it was politicly correct and legal to beat your kids .
I was a fast learner (after the first couple of azzkickins) . Lesson learned was ,'Don't take Daddy for a
ride until you know , for sure , what the pickup can do .'
I took my own kids out and showed them what a pickup could do and advised them on what it won't do (with a 'Don't ask me how I know' admonishment).
You survived relatively unscathed . Cherish the time you got to spend with your son ;D
Jim

OP
OP
bigscoop

bigscoop

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2010
Wherever there be treasure!
Detector(s) used
Older blue Excal with full mods, Equinox 800.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
truckinbutch said:
:tongue3: I did similar things to my Dad back when it was politicly correct and legal to beat your kids .
I was a fast learner (after the first couple of azzkickins) . Lesson learned was ,'Don't take Daddy for a
ride until you know , for sure , what the pickup can do .'
I took my own kids out and showed them what a pickup could do and advised them on what it won't do (with a 'Don't ask me how I know' admonishment).
You survived relatively unscathed . Cherish the time you got to spend with your son ;D
Jim

My two son's are my best buddies! :thumbsup: Well, they're actually men now. Sometimes I just don't understand what goes through their heads or where it comes from....oh, wait a minute.....yes I do! :laughing7:

Shortstack

Silver Member
Jan 22, 2007
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Bandido II and DeLeon. also a Detector Pro Headhunter Diver, and a Garrett BFO called The Hunter & a Garrett Ace 250.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
lonesomebob said:
The rougher the truc, the farther out you get stouk. B

Yep!! The first "Law" that I learned yeeeeeears ago when I got into 4-wheeling was, "the only thing that 4-wheel drive is good for is to get you further into the back country before you get stuck." A good Baja Bug beats the h--- out of 4-wheel drive pickups anyday. The Bug can be "unstuck" easier than a heavy pickup and can get farther "out" than the trucks before it gets hung up. ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions