What's new

Killer Beaver found!

Here on the southwest Florida coastline we have an overabundance of the 'Tropical Shaved Beaver'.

Not such a menace, except for spring break.

They tend to cause a lot of problems at times.







Shaved beaver.webp
 
Can ya eat these beaver too, G.I.B.??:laughing7:
 
God is talking to you? Really? What does he say? How do you know it's God talking to you? I hear voices in my head as well, but I'm sure it isn't God talking to me.
Are you sure that is not God taking to you? Do you know what his voice sounds like? Maybe that is your wife telling you to take out the trash, in your sleep. If not your wife, you have serious problems, seek help. That is what I did.
 
Last edited:
The picture in # 61, looks like my mother in law.
 
I bought a trail cam last week to look at wildlife, when I got it I set it in the back of my backyard. I had it too high until yesterday night so it did catch anything, I even set out an old apple from my apple tree which was gone by morning. Anyways, Last night I see it around a foot up high pointing at another apple I set. Anyways, when I grabbed it this morning I noticed that around 120 photos were on it, I only had 18 on the SD card when I put it in! I looked and noticed that through out the night I caught a opossum that showed up a a couple times during the night, a skunk, and some mice. I knew that there was a skunk that lives under the shed but never knew about the opossum :).

I will have some photos soon...
 
Last edited:
Here's the wildlife in my yard, all taken last night.

Mice, Opossums, Skunks. Just a sample of the 100 photos from last night :)
STC_0034.webpSTC_0094.webpSTC_0106.webp
 
I love opossums. They are so CUTE and HARMLESS although you would not want to put your hand in their mouth.
 
Beavers are Gods gift to man !
Beavers are good eating and the best meat is just under the tail.
I've eaten a lot of them with fur on and fur off.
Back in the 70's and 80's it was fur on but now days it is more common to eat them fur off.
Young beavers are really great eating because they are young and tender, but the older ones can be really good eating too so don't be picky when selecting a beaver to eat.
Just make sure it's clean and washed up good and nice before you have some fine dining.
If you want to save your tree, your going to have to start some eating beavers.
Hope this helps.
 
Last edited:
"Little Bugger" hasn't touched one of my trees since I put chicken wire around them. I watch every day. My neighbor isn't so lucky. Absentee landlord.
 
I love opossums. They are so CUTE and HARMLESS although you would not want to put your hand in their mouth.
They are great eating, and free too. I got a fat one in the back yard at night time. It enjoy eating my cat food that I put out for a homeless cat. No more.
 
Last edited:
Not eating ANY of the critters. I like my meat pre wrapped in plastic with the gooey removed.
 
I love opossums. They are so CUTE and HARMLESS although you would not want to put your hand in their mouth.

Same here, one of my favorite wild animals we have around here. The one I caught on the camera, it looks like it knows that the camera is there :)
 
LOL Big Wave.

I always think of that scene when I hear about Beavers.

The same way, when I drive on I-5 south of Orange County, I think "Everywhere I look, something reminds me of her".
 
I hear they eat pretty good, just like any other rodent!
 
Yes, they eat big trees very well.....
 
All joking aside, it appears that after the Great Melt of February 2016 the beavers have gone. We had a flash flood and after that, no more critters. The dam is starting to collapse and there is only about 10 inches of water in the reservoir versus the 3 feet previously.
 
I hope no fools shot or trapped them, but it was immediately after the flood, so I think they just left. And nothing smelly back in the woods either, which is good news.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom