What's new

🔎 UNIDENTIFIED King George 111 or king George v.

newfyviking

Jr. Member
Joined
Jun 24, 2007
Messages
77
Reaction score
97
Golden Thread
0
Could use some help with this id, the badge has king George on it but is to damaged to see if its the 111 or the fifth. I found it with the other stuff.
 

Attachments

  • Banfield.webp
    Banfield.webp
    198.1 KB · Views: 126
Based on the King's beard and mustache, I'd say George V. Commemorating his coronation in 1911.

Coronation-Memorabilia-King-George-V-Queen-pic-1A-2048%3A10.10-463-f.jpg


Maybe one of the Brits will chime in to confirm.
 
Upvote 1
Based on the King's beard and mustache, I'd say George V. Commemorating his coronation in 1911.

Maybe one of the Brits will chime in to confirm.

Yes, that's George V (and Queen Mary to the left) for sure.
 
Upvote 1
Thanks, i actually came to that conclusion. Its interisting because the badge came from a murder victium we found while metal detecting in 2006 He was shot in the head and placed against a rock wall, who ever killed him cut off his finger which has a gold ring on it. When we found the ring we thought it was just a root growing through it because there was nothing else, i tossed it asaid but when we dug deepper I realized we found a body i now think it was a finger we tossed asaid. just so you guys know i took the cops to the site, but they could not see the body and just said i was void of reality and was seeing things. long story.
 
Upvote 0
Yeap 1911 Coronation medallion.
Funny enough I found a round version today.
 
Upvote 0
I don't know what I like more...the badge or the body story.
 
Upvote 1

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom