What's new

King George Canadian

MichiganRob

Sr. Member
Joined
Jan 17, 2008
Messages
316
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Michigan
Detector(s) used
Garrett Ace 350
Hi everyone

Nothing special but today I dug this 1948 King George Canadian Penny, I dig quite a few Canadian coins here in Michigan. All the pennies have been Queen Elizabeth but this is the first King George I.ve dug and I thought you might like to see it :)



HH
MichiganRob
 

Attachments

  • 48GeorgeObverse.webp
    48GeorgeObverse.webp
    13.3 KB · Views: 311
  • 48GeorgeReverse.webp
    48GeorgeReverse.webp
    13.4 KB · Views: 302
Upvote 0
All the ones I've found have been the Queen Elizabeth ones. I have yet to find one of the George's. Way to go!
 
Hey, MichiganRob....

I've been detecting since 1980 and had dug many of the Queen Elizabeths's but never a King George. A couple of years ago, I finally came up with a George, and ironically, it was a 1948, and looks to be in just about the same condition as yours!

Good luck in your future hunts!

Larry
 
Nice find there Wolverine! ;D Go Notre Dame...Ha.... jgas
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom