What's new

King George Copper?? silver spoon patent 1850

93vector

Sr. Member
Joined
Feb 2, 2007
Messages
327
Reaction score
80
Golden Thread
0
Location
Rhode Island
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE Pro
Hello

found this fairly smoked copper a few days back...pretty sure it's a KGII??

Also found this silver spoon engraved J.W.H Fairly sure it reads E GIFT 3RD on the back, patent date 1850
 

Attachments

  • KG1.webp
    KG1.webp
    38.4 KB · Views: 414
  • KG2.webp
    KG2.webp
    39.7 KB · Views: 404
  • sp1.webp
    sp1.webp
    42 KB · Views: 462
  • sp23.webp
    sp23.webp
    37.2 KB · Views: 406
  • sp3.webp
    sp3.webp
    21.1 KB · Views: 407
Upvote 0
Correct on it being a King George I Halfpenny. Jim(South Jersey) just found a 1718 yesterday at the 1795 Half Dime site, if you check out his post for comparison.
 
That is definitely a King George I copper. :icon_thumleft: Keep hunting hard and in charge! :headbang:

Kirk
 
Sweet...happy hunting. :hello2:
 
Very nice! KGI looks correct when I first saw it I said that looks like mine. Nice finds.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom