What's new

King George II joins last hunt of season!!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2004
Messages
1,265
Reaction score
13
Golden Thread
0
Location
Vermont
When I woke up this morning I made the decision that today would be my last hunt this season. It was in the teens last night and the ground is starting to freeze up. So today will be the end until about Mid April for me.
I decided that I would hit two places today. The first is a home that has an old road that goes through their fields. The original house dates to the early 1800's and the road is a bit earlier than that. When you stand in the field you can see where the tree lined road used to be. (Picture attached) The trees have been taken down in the field which is currently being hayed on a regular basis. I decided to run tight patterns in the area of the field that would have been the road. I have searched this home on several occaisions and have come up with a large cent or two and some indian heads. Well today paid off. Three large colonial coppers including a King George II Half Penny (1729-1754) and a North Wales token (approx 1792) and another copper that is too worn to identify. It appears to be a King George in size. Also found a number of buttons and a pocket knife.
In the afternoon I decided to go back to the button field one more time. Found a very nice one piece button with a great design on it, a small buckle, (I found one identical to this in the field last week) and the tip of a ramrod for a musket.
It has been one fantastic season for me, and in many ways I am sorry to see it end. On the other hand I have lots of goodies to sort, clean and display, and many fantastic memories.
Over the next few weeks I will post some pictures of the finds this season.
Thanks for looking....Lance
 

Attachments

  • Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 339.webp
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 339.webp
    45.9 KB · Views: 492
  • Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 346.webp
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 346.webp
    46.2 KB · Views: 486
  • Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 338.webp
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 338.webp
    75.1 KB · Views: 469
Upvote 0
Yep, a very great season for a very great guy!? I quit detecting a week ago and it's not that cold here!!!? You need to celebrate and have a end-of-season party!
 

Attachments

  • muchbowing.gif
    muchbowing.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 213
  • dance.gif
    dance.gif
    6.3 KB · Views: 214
  • muchbowing.gif
    muchbowing.gif
    6.8 KB · Views: 212
Amazing finds as always! Can't wait to see your succes next year as well!

-Mike
 
Well if that's the last hunt of the season it's not too bad of a way to go out! Nice finds Lance, I only hope next years finds will top this years, this will be a hard act to follow. I would like to know how many large coppers you found this year? I think it is a record for you, let me know. Perhaps we can start the new year out together on the beach. Rick;
 
Yes, find the old roads and the goodies will be close. Thanks Lance for sharing your great finds! Tsgman
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom