King George II joins last hunt of season!!

comfyinvermont

Bronze Member
Feb 8, 2004
Vermont
When I woke up this morning I made the decision that today would be my last hunt this season. It was in the teens last night and the ground is starting to freeze up. So today will be the end until about Mid April for me.
I decided that I would hit two places today. The first is a home that has an old road that goes through their fields. The original house dates to the early 1800's and the road is a bit earlier than that. When you stand in the field you can see where the tree lined road used to be. (Picture attached) The trees have been taken down in the field which is currently being hayed on a regular basis. I decided to run tight patterns in the area of the field that would have been the road. I have searched this home on several occaisions and have come up with a large cent or two and some indian heads. Well today paid off. Three large colonial coppers including a King George II Half Penny (1729-1754) and a North Wales token (approx 1792) and another copper that is too worn to identify. It appears to be a King George in size. Also found a number of buttons and a pocket knife.
In the afternoon I decided to go back to the button field one more time. Found a very nice one piece button with a great design on it, a small buckle, (I found one identical to this in the field last week) and the tip of a ramrod for a musket.
It has been one fantastic season for me, and in many ways I am sorry to see it end. On the other hand I have lots of goodies to sort, clean and display, and many fantastic memories.
Over the next few weeks I will post some pictures of the finds this season.
Thanks for looking....Lance

Attachments

• Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 339.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 339.jpg
    66.6 KB · Views: 433
  • Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 346.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 346.jpg
    65.2 KB · Views: 446
  • Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 338.jpg
    Brothers Fall 2005 Hunt 338.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 433
Upvote 0
Z

ZumbroKid

Nice finds. Maybe you can still get out a couple of more times.

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Wow!!! I would love to find a 1700 coin. Not much chance in the mid-west. Have you thought of the connection you have with the ?person that last touched those coins and you being the next? ?You have something in common with some one 200 years or more ago.

If I can get set up on Photo software. I will start showing 30 years of finds this winter. Good luck next year.

Nana40

Gold Member
Feb 3, 2005
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
MXT
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Yes Lance it has been a fantastic season for you.....

and it has been an inspiration for me! :)

Thanks for the great pictures too!!!

Very nice finds!!

Nana ;)

birdman

Gold Member
Jan 28, 2005
Choctaw Beach Florida
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800 and ORX, tesoro Cibola with garret,whites and minelab pinpointers
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Looks like you went out with a bang! Real nice finds.Who knows maybe you will have another above freezing to hunt before it is all over.Good luck and happy Thanksgiving. :)

Bavaria Mike

Gold Member
Feb 7, 2005
Bavaria Germany
Detector(s) used
Minelab XT70, Fisher 1280, Garrett Ace 250 and MH5
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent last hunt and congrats on those old coppers. I just learned something about the musket ramrod tip, I'm sure I've tossed a few of those, ouch! HH and I hope you get one more hunt in before the weather locks down, Mike

treasurekidd

Bronze Member
Nov 20, 2004
Rhode Island
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Congratulation on a great season Lance. Tme to start cleaning and sorting, and researching next years "button fields". Thank you for all your inspirational posts this year, and I'm looking forward to next years finds!! HH!

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Dec 19, 2004
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Excellent year for you Lance, Congrats! Too bad the season is over though. We're looking forward to your upcoming posts for the winter hours.

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
WoW!

Your finds never cease to amaze me! Can I come hunt with you for a day or 2 out there!? We don't have anything even close to the age to hunt that you guys in the N.E. do >:( ;D

HH

Lonewolfe

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread