LNGIV

Jun 4, 2012
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Ace 400
ACE 250
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Quickly. After dinner my wife ran to the store. Kids where playing. Was a half hour of daylight left. So hey why not take out the detector amd do some of my yard again. Now i have done my yard multiple times on different settings etc. the ground was nice and wet after rain the day before. So i figured maybe i would pick up something i may have missed. Well my 9 yr old came out as it was about to be to dark to see. I told her lets find one more target. Shes a lucky charm. Going around old well in an area about two feet between my driveway and well i get a ding with my Ace400. Say to her. Ok this is last one. Im digging. About 4 inches down she says i see it and grabs large roundness. I shine light from pinpointer on it and said. Oh wow we gotta fill this hole and our butts imside to see that one. Low and behold my first KGII. So ecited we both wherr 129403E5-B353-40A3-87DF-2A22B187122C.jpeg ABEE1933-7E9B-4424-AFA2-55A059F49102.jpeg

Upvote 25

xcopperstax

Silver Member
Sep 3, 2018
Massachusetts
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Max
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Quickly. After dinner my wife ran to the store. Kids where playing. Was a half hour of daylight left. So hey why not take out the detector amd do some of my yard again. Now i have done my yard multiple times on different settings etc. the ground was nice and wet after rain the day before. So i figured maybe i would pick up something i may have missed. Well my 9 yr old came out as it was about to be to dark to see. I told her lets find one more target. Shes a lucky charm. Going around old well in an area about two feet between my driveway and well i get a ding with my Ace400. Say to her. Ok this is last one. Im digging. About 4 inches down she says i see it and grabs large roundness. I shine light from pinpointer on it and said. Oh wow we gotta fill this hole and our butts imside to see that one. Low and behold my first KGII. So ecited we both wherr View attachment 1636690 View attachment 1636691

Nice find! In my humble opinion any copper you can identify is a great copper! The first couple of these I have found gave me a false expectation that they often come out looking good. Mother nature is pretty harsh to our KG's! ...and where there's KGII's there could also be colonial silver!

Underwonder

Bronze Member
Jul 31, 2017
RI
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
White's XLT Spectrum, TRX Pin-pointer, Garrett AT Pro Pin-pointer, Eagle II SL with Bigfoot, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
How exciting....and what a great “last one” of the day! It must’ve fun to go out in the yard and find such a cool find with your daughter! That would make a nice necklace for the next father-daughter dance!

pa-dirt_nc-sand

Silver Member
Apr 18, 2016
South Western PA
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
ACE 250 with DD coil
Equinox 600
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Excellent story, great piece of history in your yard. Congrats!!

Aureus

Silver Member
Sep 5, 2016
Eastern Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Very nice coin! Congratulations! Looks like the cast type, they usually survive way better than the ordinary ones.

Oct 5, 2014
Massachusetts
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro, AT Gold & Infinium; Minelab: Explorer SE, II; Simplex; Tesoro: Tejon & Outlaw; White's: V3i
Primary Interest:
Relic Hunting
Nice old copper! :occasion14:

A2coins

Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting