King Hezekiah's Royal Seal (From the Bible)

Oct 18, 2022
Detector(s) used
I have not used a metal detector yet. I just look for pennies after watching that viral tiktok of the 1992 penny D-closed AM that is worth around $26,000
I just found this out 7 years after the find :laughing7: ,but apparently King Hezekiah's Royal Seal (From the Bible) has been found!! Apparently, it was found on December 2, 2015, and was found by Efrat Greenwald, a member of the "Ophel Expeditions" in Jerusalem! A translator found out that the royal seal had this on it: "לחזקיהו [בן] אחז מלך יהדה" which means:"Belonging to Hezekiah [son of] Ahaz king of Judah"!!! I mean, isn't that crazy, guys??! I'm a Christian (and proud to be one), and this is just exciting news! I've also recently read the first book of "Gods and Kings" written by Lynn Austin! The book series is about King Hezekiah's life (from birth to death), and how he dealt with Idolatry throughout his life too!

Such a good book series and I just want to talk about it so much to y'all, but don't want to spoil it (Must Read)!!

ANYWAYS, a little bit about King Hezekiah:

- Lived between 739/41 BC - 687 BC (Died between ages 51-54)
- Famous for: Brought Yahweh (Christianity's God) back to Israel and destroyed all idols that his father (King Ahaz) and his grandparents have brought into the land of Judah
- Grandson of Zechariah, priest of Yahweh

*THE RED CIRCLE IS WHERE THEY FOUND THE SEAL*

Attachments

• 151203121718-royal-seal-king-hezekiah.jpeg
    151203121718-royal-seal-king-hezekiah.jpeg
    38.8 KB · Views: 35
  • ophel_jerusalem_0.jpeg
    ophel_jerusalem_0.jpeg
    69.9 KB · Views: 32

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread