Gold Member
Dec 20, 2015
Ann Arbor
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Davey Crocket Great finds I wish I could detect over there. and live in a castle had to throw that in

Jacobsdt

Jan 9, 2012
VA
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, Fisher F75 ltd, Garrett Pro Pointer and a little luck
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Nice finds!

Gridwalker306

Gold Member
Nov 10, 2010
Canada
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP Deus, ATPro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
That's a heavenly place to stroll through, even better when digging up cool old things

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
I love forests with little to no underbrush!! Is much nicer to walk/hike rather than having to hack your way through downed trees and brambles.

@Tuberale - Do you have "poison ivy" or "all ivy"?

Tuberale

Gold Member
May 12, 2010
Portland, Oregon
Detector(s) used
White's Coinmaster Pro
I love forests with little to no underbrush!! Is much nicer to walk/hike rather than having to hack your way through downed trees and brambles.

@Tuberale - Do you have "poison ivy" or "all ivy"?

Mostly I meant English ivy. But we also have poison ivy. Also Poison oak and poison sumac.

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
We've got all but the English stuff. The wife hates me cause I'm not allergic to the poison stuff. :laughing7:

Msbeepbeep

Gold Member
Jun 24, 2012
MA
Detector(s) used
M-6, pro pointer, pistol probe
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds! Looks like you weren't the only one that liked to walk in the woods, somebody left a trail of goodies for ya!

We have all types of ivy. Being allergic to the poisonous kind, i can't romp in it. I'm not quite over my last encounter with the oak kind.
The english ivy is very pervasive here.....you guys aren't planning another invasion are you? :what::D

kcm

Gold Member
Feb 29, 2016
NW Minnesota
Detector(s) used
Tesoro Silver uMax
Primary Interest:
Other
...you guys aren't planning another invasion are you? :what::D
:sign10: :sign10: :sign10:

Got 2 types of thistle here. Hey, do you guys have anything there called "Stinging Nettle"?? Got it here. Burns like HECK if you even brush up against it!! However, the groundhogs here like to eat it. Other people have found that the stinging solution can be used as a topical pain reliever. ....By generating pain?!?!?

In a Rash - Copy.gif

driftless

Sep 21, 2015
SE MN
Detector(s) used
Delta 4000, F 70
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Very nice finds! Would like to hear more about the rifle parts. I'd trade the beautiful ivy covered forest floor for our Minnesota Prickley Ash, Hawthorn and deer ticks any day! You blokes manage your forests for a more mature stand while we (those americans who mange forests) are tree farmers and after cutting, the forest floors grow up in all sorts of "invaisve" species. If you dose your clothes and body with pesticides, and wear Kevlar pants and long sleeves, you might not donate quite as much blood every outing. Guess that makes it an "adventure"? Oh, I forgot the nettles and wild parsnips which my fellow Minnesotan mentioned, yep, I'm headed to the woods as soon as the humidity gets below 65%!

Last edited:

Captain Caveman

Silver Member
May 14, 2015
Madison, MS
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, F44, F2 and CZ-20. Minelab E-TRAC and Go-Find 60. Tesoro Tejon. BH Quick Silver.
Primary Interest:
Other
Congratz on some neat finds! I really like the thimble!

OP
OP
robfinds

robfinds

Silver Member
Dec 6, 2007
Yorkshire England
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Goldmax
Nice finds! Looks like you weren't the only one that liked to walk in the woods, somebody left a trail of goodies for ya!

We have all types of ivy. Being allergic to the poisonous kind, i can't romp in it. I'm not quite over my last encounter with the oak kind.
The english ivy is very pervasive here.....you guys aren't planning another invasion are you? :what::D
Shush don't tell everyone, the empire is about to strike back.:laughing7:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions