Knight looses head to axe!

mastereagle22

Silver Member
May 15, 2007
Southeast Missouri
Detector(s) used
E-trac, Explorer II, Xterra30, Whites Prizm IV
After giving Baldinboy the guilt trip about him wanting to kill deer rather than MD with ME, he gave in and agreed to go with me today. I took off work a couple of hours early and we headed out. The place we were going to hunt was supposedly the site of a home built in 1811 and that later became a Civil War Hospital.

Well the site is a little over an hour away and we took off at around 1:15 and it was 1:45 when we pulled up. I looked over at BB and he was drooling on himself, rocking back and forth and had his eyes squeezed shut so tight it looked like his face was about to fold in on itself. :) I guess maybe I should have driven a LITTLE slower. :)

We get out of the car and I walk up to the door to knock and announce myself to the home owner and let her know we are there and about to detect. No answer. Now mind you BB and I had never been here, the directions were a little dubious and I wasn't really sure we were in the right spot. So we did what any MDer would do, we broke out the equipment and started swinging. ;D
(I knew we were in the right place I was just messing with BB)

Well I have been having some trouble with the Beast lately. It has been very tempermental and I was worried about how it was going to do today. I turned it on and it started right up and I was off swinging. BB and I spent an hour detecting nothing but trash trash trash. I started looking around and I tell BB I don't think we're detecting in the right part of the yard and walk off to look around. BB gets into a shouting match with a horse, OK I know horses don't shout but BB is standing in the field with this HUGE black horse right in front of him and he keeps swinging his detector at the horses foot and yelling something. As I get closer I hear him say, "I found that shoe with my XLT and I want it now so give it up!" I quickly go over and redirect BB to an area behind the house and tell him that I think that is where the old house used to sit and he agrees. We climbed under some barbed wire fencing and into a field just as the P.O.d horse and his buddies trot over to where we had just been ready to kick some BB behind! :D We start swinging our coils and I get a good signal right off and dig the lighter. Not two feet from the lighter I find the little decorative thing, then a few feet more and out pops the Knight's Head. It is pretty small and it was very difficult to find. I dug it out of the ground at around 7 inches! I was pretty happy with the silly little thing. The copper ring was next and then on to the valve. All this in an area about 5X5 feet! I was really happy because the Beast seemed to be working great!!! Then I heard what I thought was someone asking for some french fried tators and an umm humm and the Beast turned itself off!!! >:( I waited patiently and turned it back on and got a garbled screen. I turned it back off, pulled the batteries and put them back in and I was back in business, sort of. Suddenly the brand new batteries that I had put in right before the hunt were at the half way mark. They hadn't been before the swingblade routine by the Beast. I am getting really tired of this to. Although somebody on the forum told me that a normally working Explorer wouldn't do this. To which my reply was Uh Hellooooo? So I have to call Sandy at Minealb tomorrow and discuss the machine and its issues with her.

Back to hunting . Got an overload signal and dug up the plant/seed broadcaster part? Then a few minutes later another overload and out pops the axe. Not five minutes later another overload and I dug up a disc from a disc machine, not compact, not digital video, but a farming disc. I left it leaning up against a tree out in the field on accident. :-\ :-[ I will have to get it back soon. BB got a call from his wife and that is when I realized I hadn't checked in with the wife and I reached down for my phone and it was gone!!! :o I looked everywhere I could and finally had to walk over to BB and borrow his phone to call my cell. I had to walk all the way around the front of the house to where the horse was talking on it, calling in an order for Pizza. ;D I politely asked him for it back and he told me only if I would kick BB in the shins. I agreed. Just then the owner drove up and jumped out of his truck and asked me who I was. I explained and he laughed and said, "So you are the crazy guy who wants to dig up my yard." I answered yes and he asked what I had found. I showed him the lighter and the little knights head and he just laughed and said he was glad I was enjoying myself. I walked back around the house to give BB back his phone after finding two pennies on the way to where he was. I walked up and handed him the phone and just for a minute thought about giving him a really good kick but it was almost dark and the horses weren't looking so I didn't kick him. Hey he is my huntin buddy and a horse has to know its limits! ;D :D :)

We started working our way back to the car and I found one more penny and a 1927 wheat penny. BB did find silver tonight but I will let him tell his own story. Just before leaving I found the little metal item that says ISd3d. I think that was a top secret branch of the Union Army. I got a buddy who is a CW buff I am going to ask tomorrow. ::)

It was time to go so BB and I loaded up and stopped by Casey's and ordered a Pizza. BB started flirting with a "woman" that had walked in to buy something to drink. I tried to tell him that it wasn't a woman but a man dressed as a woman but he wouldn't listen. ;D :D Oh well some things you just have to learn on your own, after all friendship does have its limits. ;D :D :D ;)

Attachments

• stuff.JPG
    stuff.JPG
    79.5 KB · Views: 1,058
  • isd3d.JPG
    isd3d.JPG
    40 KB · Views: 1,025
  • ring.JPG
    ring.JPG
    24 KB · Views: 1,021
  • squareback.JPG
    squareback.JPG
    29.6 KB · Views: 1,027
  • square.JPG
    square.JPG
    37.4 KB · Views: 1,033
  • wheat.JPG
    wheat.JPG
    44.9 KB · Views: 1,035
  • valve2.JPG
    valve2.JPG
    42.2 KB · Views: 1,044
  • thingy.JPG
    thingy.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 1,047
  • lighter.JPG
    lighter.JPG
    44.5 KB · Views: 1,046
  • knightback.JPG
    knightback.JPG
    48.4 KB · Views: 1,055
  • knight.JPG
    knight.JPG
    35.2 KB · Views: 1,045
Upvote 0
Contrary to what Mastereagle22 says: I am alive and well....physically anyway.

Well, as ME22 pointed out, our ride to the property was eventful, to say the least. He drove so fast I felt like a chinese man. The G-force was unbelievable. My eyes were squinting and watering. Since my ride with him, I am now incontinent and I have decided to take up deer hunting to get away for awhile!

We get out of the car and ME22 walks up to the door and starts knocking so fast and hard that it sounds like a pileated woodpecker drilling into a hickory tree. I didn't tell him at the time, but I saw the homeowners peer out of the blinds and then they fell to the floor so he wouldn't see them. I didn't know that they knew him personally. :P Actually, they may have just been arming themselves.

As ME said, he has been having trouble with the Beast lately. It started about 3 months ago when he bought it. I don't think this thing could be more undependable if it had a made in China sticker on it. We detected for about and hour and found a ton of trash. ME22 decided we were in the wrong part of the yard and we moved behind the house. This is where the trouble started. Everything with the horse was just about like he said. Notice that HE has the horseshoe in his pictures though. I wonder why? Hmmm. Dr Doolittle (aka: Mastereagle) was the horse whisperer that night! The truly funny thing was that he took his shirt off and rode that horse around the yard yelling "Take me to the relics Black Beauty!" It was pathetic really, him barely staying in the saddle....detector flailing in the air. I kept muttering, "God, make it stop!" Thanks goodness the ride down had partially blinded me!

We start swinging our coils and I kept getting good signals but only digging trash. Mastereagle finds a lighter, and later a cool Knight's Head. I found a copper ring just like the one ME found and we assumed it was some kind of old hardware rather than a poor mans ring...since we each found one. As the night progressed, we worked our way to the back yard behind the house. I went slowly around a large tree that was in the yard and got a solid 42 reading on my XLT. I dug through a network of small roots, but couldn't seem to locate the signal. Pinpointing was difficult in this sandy mixed soil. To my amazement, out pops a ornate Sterling Silver Ring! Hubba Hubba. I don't know how old it is, if anyone recognizes the mark, give me a shout out. :)

About an hour before we left, ME22 gets a call from his wife (his 41st of the evening) and takes his cell phone an throws it completely over the roof of the house! I told him, that wasn't wise. Now you have to go find it. He grumbles something and then stomps around the front to retrieve it. I would call it from my cell and when he got close to finding it, I would hang up. This went on for about 45 minutes until I got tired of the game. He is a lot of fun. ;D

We stopped by Casey's and ordered a Pizza. We were hardly there anytime, when this woman comes in and gets a drink. She is flirting with me like crazy. She notices ME22 and says, are you boys up for a party. ME22 just says "I likum french fried tators and umm humm". With her interest waining, we headed to the car. Boy...I thought....friendship does has it's limits. ;)

Attachments

• 100_3811.jpg
    100_3811.jpg
    50.8 KB · Views: 221
  • 100_3810.jpg
    100_3810.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 236
  • 100_3808.jpg
    100_3808.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 220
  • 100_3806.jpg
    100_3806.jpg
    28.3 KB · Views: 247
  • 100_3805.jpg
    100_3805.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 236
  • 100_3801.jpg
    100_3801.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 236
  • 100_3799.jpg
    100_3799.jpg
    58.2 KB · Views: 232
  • 100_3798.jpg
    100_3798.jpg
    69.5 KB · Views: 249
  • 100_3812.jpg
    100_3812.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 219
Great finds. I think I know that horse. Is his name ED?
Dman

Baldingboy said:
Contrary to what Mastereagle22 says: I am alive and well....physically anyway.

Well, as ME22 pointed out, our ride to the property was eventful, to say the least. He drove so fast I felt like a chinese man. The G-force was unbelievable. My eyes were squinting and watering. Since my ride with him, I am now incontinent and I have decided to take up deer hunting to get away for awhile!

We get out of the car and ME22 walks up to the door and starts knocking so fast and hard that it sounds like a pileated woodpecker drilling into a hickory tree. I didn't tell him at the time, but I saw the homeowners peer out of the blinds and then they fell to the floor so he wouldn't see them. I didn't know that they knew him personally. :P Actually, they may have just been arming themselves.

As ME said, he has been having trouble with the Beast lately. It started about 3 months ago when he bought it. I don't think this thing could be more undependable if it had a made in China sticker on it. We detected for about and hour and found a ton of trash. ME22 decided we were in the wrong part of the yard and we moved behind the house. This is where the trouble started. Everything with the horse was just about like he said. Notice that HE has the horseshoe in his pictures though. I wonder why? Hmmm. Dr Doolittle (aka: Mastereagle) was the horse whisperer that night! The truly funny thing was that he took his shirt off and rode that horse around the yard yelling "Take me to the relics Black Beauty!" It was pathetic really, him barely staying in the saddle....detector flailing in the air. I kept muttering, "God, make it stop!" Thanks goodness the ride down had partially blinded me!

We start swinging our coils and I kept getting good signals but only digging trash. Mastereagle finds a lighter, and later a cool Knight's Head. I found a copper ring just like the one ME found and we assumed it was some kind of old hardware rather than a poor mans ring...since we each found one. As the night progressed, we worked our way to the back yard behind the house. I went slowly around a large tree that was in the yard and got a solid 42 reading on my XLT. I dug through a network of small roots, but couldn't seem to locate the signal. Pinpointing was difficult in this sandy mixed soil. To my amazement, out pops a ornate Sterling Silver Ring! Hubba Hubba. I don't know how old it is, if anyone recognizes the mark, give me a shout out. :)

About an hour before we left, ME22 gets a call from his wife (his 41st of the evening) and takes his cell phone an throws it completely over the roof of the house! I told him, that wasn't wise. Now you have to go find it. He grumbles something and then stomps around the front to retrieve it. I would call it from my cell and when he got close to finding it, I would hang up. This went on for about 45 minutes until I got tired of the game. He is a lot of fun. ;D

We stopped by Casey's and ordered a Pizza. We were hardly there anytime, when this woman comes in and gets a drink. She is flirting with me like crazy. She notices ME22 and says, are you boys up for a party. ME22 just says "I likum french fried tators and umm humm". With her interest waining, we headed to the car. Boy...I thought....friendship does has it's limits. ;)

Once again BB is in total denial, well ok partial denial of the facts.

He is physically well but since I have known him he hasn't been mentally balanced. Actually the only thing that would ever be balanced in BB's life is his diet or checkbook! :D ;D And then the poor guy had the misfortune of meeting me and that has not really helped the situation much. My motto is "Mental disorders are a gift be sure and share them with someone you love.!" :D ;)

I admitted in the post that I may have driven a little to fast. Well the 4 speeding tickets and the warrant for my arrest I received in the mail last night may have confirmed that description. According to the Highway Patrol report I was driving SO fast they had to track me with a sattelite and they even had trouble keeping up with me then. ;D

Actually I heard the home owner say just a minute as I was knocking on the door and then they looked out at the car and saw BB sitting in it and they said, "Holy SH$%, what has that guy got in his car? What kind of animal is that, call the police, call the conservation department, call the national guard and get our guns!"

The Beast worked fine until some idiot dropped it! Since then, Not so much. But I think my finds of the night speak for themselves. I found more stuff in the first two hours of this hunt, while it was working properly, than I have in quite a while. And BB is just jealous because everytime we go out he says to me, "I wish my wife would let me get a Minelab." I told him to just do what I did, open a credit card account in his own name, buy it anyway and then sleep on the couch until his wife gets over it. I will let you know when my wife gets over it. :( And BB it has only been Two months that I have been sleeping on the couch, not three.

I actually have the horse shoe as payment to "whack" BB with my Little Eagle Shovel per the horses request. BB you should keep your homoerotic fantasies about a topless man riding a horse to yourself dude. ;D :D ;D :D :) (no Homosexuals were injured in the typing of that statement)

What can I say? To steal a line from BB "Every now and then even a blind pig finds an acorn (or in this case silver)" I'm not saying your a pig or anything BB just stealing a quote. :D But the ring is SWEET. I will give you that one. Once again BB doesn't want to admit it that the truth is the ring was laying right on top of the ground. (That is the only way he could have found it with his XLT, Whites strikes again!) ;) :D ;D But hey the Beast went right over it and missed it. :(

I never realized how good an arm I have! I should be pitching in the Major leagues. And did you know you can throw a razor over a house and it will bounce??? ??? ;D He he he, don't tell BB but the whole time I was around the front of the house I was recovering like 50 mercury dimes from a hidden cache I had found in a tree in the front yard.! :D ;D :D ;D :( :-\ :-[ Ok so I just dreamed that part up. . .

And the poor woman BB was hitting up in the Casey's was actually about 90 years old and was using a walker. I thought BB was either drunk or blind and that is when I realized what effects my driving had had on BB as I noticed he had wet himself too. To keep him from making a HUGE mistake I grabbed him, the Pizza and our drinks and ran for the car. I wanted to see if I could beat my driving time down to the site on the way back to the house. ;D :D

And I aint a fraid to admit I do like french fried tators umm hmmm. ;D :D ;) :D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back