L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
L.C.,

I’ll reread your recent posts again if necessary but what is the significance of the photo of the lined paper with numbers “Left by the K.G.C. buried in Nebraska City” ? Is that a photo of the original paper or a handwritten copy ?
That is a 1970's photocopy of the original letter which was done on stationery that had the lines drawn by the coded letter writer who we suspect was Paul Morton by his handwriting on other documents. The further use of nautical measurements leads us to believe that he, being the "Secretary of the United States Navy" at the time, continued the nautical theme throughout his lifetime in the codes leading to caches placed by someone during the late 1800s and early 1900s. If you are referring to the drawings of specific parts of the crosses found, that all comes from my Fathers original 1972 notes he kept in a simple spiral notebook. I have monkeyed around with everything I have shown to avoid giving too much away in my posts. That is about to change when the #1 cross-map is revealed for all to see. 99.9% will glance at it and shrug their shoulders, but the other 1% of the viewers will be captivated by the challenge laid before them. We are out of time and I am after answers from now on there will be no masquerading the symbols on the coded cross that was left by them to be deciphered. It has taken my Dad and me 50+ years to arrive at this point on that particular trail. I invite you to help us decipher it this coming Spring and Summer.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
If you guys are interested in the J. Sterling Morton Treasure Trail, or just decoding the symbols of the Knights of the Golden Circle's inner most circle in the web, I invite you to watch this video explaining some of what I know. It is the starting point of a treasure trail that has taken my father and me a lifetime to decode.

franklin

Gold Member
Jun 1, 2012
Detector(s) used
Garrett ADS-7X, Fisher Two Box M-Scope, Mother Lode Locator, Dowsing Model 20 Electroscope, White's TM808, White's TM900, Inground Scanners
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
L.C. Baker Appreciate all the work you and your father have put into this. Getting the outside world to listen is useless though I may add. They have their set ways of believing and they will take that believe to their grave. Only a few like us understand. As the old saying, "You have to walk through the fire or walk a mile in someone else's shoes." Good Luck to you. I wish I were there to help you. Don't give too much of your story away. When successful I will still help you.

KSDirtfisher77

Jun 26, 2022
Detector(s) used
Whites DFX, Whites V3I
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
This is very interesting & intriguing history. Thanks for the good reading material. It really has opened my eyes to all the possibilities of treasure out there. I'm curious if any of this has any signs of them being in kansas.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other

Ryano

Feb 16, 2014
St. Augustine, FL
Primary Interest:
Cache Hunting
That is a 1970's photocopy of the original letter which was done on stationery that had the lines drawn by the coded letter writer who we suspect was Paul Morton by his handwriting on other documents. The further use of nautical measurements leads us to believe that he, being the "Secretary of the United States Navy" at the time, continued the nautical theme throughout his lifetime in the codes leading to caches placed by someone during the late 1800s and early 1900s. If you are referring to the drawings of specific parts of the crosses found, that all comes from my Fathers original 1972 notes he kept in a simple spiral notebook. I have monkeyed around with everything I have shown to avoid giving too much away in my posts. That is about to change when the #1 cross-map is revealed for all to see. 99.9% will glance at it and shrug their shoulders, but the other 1% of the viewers will be captivated by the challenge laid before them. We are out of time and I am after answers from now on there will be no masquerading the symbols on the coded cross that was left by them to be deciphered. It has taken my Dad and me 50+ years to arrive at this point on that particular trail. I invite you to help us decipher it this coming Spring and Summer.
Thanks for explaining (missed your reply months ago!).. enjoying your video channel and looking forward to the next !

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Thanks for explaining (missed your reply months ago!).. enjoying your video channel and looking forward to the next !
In the next episode, I will show the contents of a wire-top glass ATLAS jar that was buried at Daniel Gantt's monument sometime after 1896. It starts to get pretty deep into the decoding after that. There will be several more episodes on Wyuka before the trail continues elsewhere. There is still a lot to show in Nebraska City! stay tuned! :icon_thumleft:

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Did you ever find the Capella connection
So far it had only one meaning, that was a heading. There are other hidden meanings for things we have found that have unfolded and had even more meaning later on than we first thought, which changed things later on, but for now, that is it for Capella. J. Sterling Morton knew where he wanted us to go next and he used the star he needed on a specific date to tell us what way to go to get there and gave the distance to travel in leagues and fathoms. :icon_thumleft:

delcov

Greenie
Jun 3, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
Detector(s) used
Lone Star by Bounty Hunter, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm completely brand new to treasure hunting, but have a life-long fascination. So, following your videos I was trying to work out how you got your direction to your destination, and I was wondering if you got that designation from the misinformation in the letter text itself? I think I've worked out something there that roughly correlates to where you ended up.

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
I'm completely brand new to treasure hunting, but have a life-long fascination. So, following your videos I was trying to work out how you got your direction to your destination, and I was wondering if you got that designation from the misinformation in the letter text itself? I think I've worked out something there that roughly correlates to where you ended up.
Let her fly, I would like to hear it. :icon_thumleft: so far on the videos, we have not left Wyuka Cemetery in Nebraska City. Later on, there will be instructions to find what's next down the JSM trail. There is more to show in Wyuka! I have not even got to the guy with two graves yet! Seems that being dug up and moved where ever they want you buried next in Nebraska City, is a thing!8-)

delcov

Greenie
Jun 3, 2015
Indianapolis, IN
Detector(s) used
Lone Star by Bounty Hunter, Garret Carrot
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Let her fly, I would like to hear it. :icon_thumleft: so far on the videos, we have not left Wyuka Cemetery in Nebraska City. Later on, there will be instructions to find what's next down the JSM trail. There is more to show in Wyuka! I have not even got to the guy with two graves yet! Seems that being dug up and moved where ever they want you buried next in Nebraska City, is a thing!8-)
Well, if you look at the missing or mispelled characters in the letter, you get I S M D I A, which I wondered could be separated into IS MD IA. Combined with B OF LF to be Bearing IS MD OF Leagues and Fathoms towards Iowa (IA). MD being 1500 in Roman numerals.. it could 15L 00F.. leaving me with the impression that the treasure is actually in a place associated with the Commoner that is 15 leagues towards Iowa. Again, I'm brand new to this and I'm just enjoying the videos and reserve the right to be completely wrong. :)

OP
OP
L.C. BAKER

L.C. BAKER

Silver Member
Sep 9, 2012
Nebraska City, Nebraska
Primary Interest:
Other
Well, if you look at the missing or mispelled characters in the letter, you get I S M D I A, which I wondered could be separated into IS MD IA. Combined with B OF LF to be Bearing IS MD OF Leagues and Fathoms towards Iowa (IA). MD being 1500 in Roman numerals.. it could 15L 00F.. leaving me with the impression that the treasure is actually in a place associated with the Commoner that is 15 leagues towards Iowa. Again, I'm brand new to this and I'm just enjoying the videos and reserve the right to be completely wrong. :)
I like the way you are thinking, but save your brain power for another day when you have all of the information available to you and a working knowledge of the JSM treasure trail as far as we will reveal it this year. At that point, we will have some dead ends still to work over. For now, I will say that you are picking up on the right kind of things, like the misspelled words. However, in this case, the reasoning behind them is that when a good code writer is using double-lettered words like the two O's in the word LOOK they wiwl (will) misspell it like this so a good code breaker can not identify tae (the) words and letters as easily. :icon_thumright:

Thanks, L.C.

P.S. It is also a good sign that a military code writer or someone formally trained in cryptography most likely had a hand in writing it.8-)

Last edited:

elh

Aug 10, 2015
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
So far it had only one meaning, that was a heading. There are other hidden meanings for things we have found that have unfolded and had even more meaning later on than we first thought, which changed things later on, but for now, that is it for Capella. J. Sterling Morton knew where he wanted us to go next and he used the star he needed on a specific date to tell us what way to go to get there and gave the distance to travel in leagues and fathoms. :icon_thumleft:
Enjoyed the read L.C., I wish you were on more often as it keeps other folks kind of keyed up to go out and hunt. I am out of shape to walk the hills now but enjoy trips of others.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread