dg39

Bronze Member
Mar 30, 2006
Deep in the swamps of Louisiana..
Detector(s) used
Ace 250--White's 6000 DI Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Souvenir watch fobs..1930-50's..I have had victorian like that with stones on either side.. But I think that is a little later. Could also be called charms, but I lean to fobs...
I'll take one.. ;D ;D Nice find.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Maybe I should rephrase this ....Found "charms" from "bracelet"...has Washington D.C. top under has U.S. Capital...with a picture of "Capital building" in center....Looks like some blue color worn off most of them...heavy maybe plated metal....smaller than a dime...the outside pieces swivel around with loop for connecting to bracelet....Just a date wanted...pic would be nice.

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Dream Seeker said:
Thats a nice find to be able to get all the charms at once. Nice Going!
Thanks....The strangest find because they were all together in the same hole but no chain....we double checked and all around but no chain...

Upvote 0

PBK

Gold Member
May 25, 2005
I suppose they could be used as bracelet charms, but actually they're called "edge spinners" or "spinner fobs," and as Dg39 noted, they're more often used as watch fobs or key fobs. Are they the same on both sides? Many are designed so that when the disc is spun by flicking the edge, two designs on opposite sides appear to combine to form a third image. Here's a link to a couple of Masonic examples:

http://www.phoenixmasonry.org/masonicmuseum/spinner_fob.htm

Upvote 0
OP
OP
Michelle

Michelle

Bronze Member
May 7, 2006
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
totally plain.....on the back...and they do spin

Upvote 0