What's new

Kyanite?

Oops
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5809.webp
    IMG_5809.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 67
  • IMG_5808.webp
    IMG_5808.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 59
Not really gem quality, and not a vivid colour either, as well as being interspersed with quartz. So, I would say a collector specimen of no great value. You don't say how big it is, but this one is about 8cm in length and weighs a little over 30g.

Kyanite.webp
 
And the green underneath. Oolitic malachite on mafic rock?

That appears to be the rock from the OP's other thread. As I said there, Malachite does not glow under UV light. Willemite does (bright green), and occurs with that botyroidal habit, but the OP hasn't told us what colour he observes.
 
That appears to be the rock from the OP's other thread. As I said there, Malachite does not glow under UV light. Willemite does (bright green), and occurs with that botyroidal habit, but the OP hasn't told us what colour he observes.
I will try and find a black light, I Must have one somewhere, op
 
I will try and find a black light, I Must have one somewhere, op

You really need to give a full story when posting your finds. Re-reading your other post, I now see you only think the green rock glows under UV (what makes you think it does?)... and from what you now say, it appears you haven't actually checked it yourself.
 
You really need to give a full story when posting your finds. Re-reading your other post, I now see you only think the green rock glows under UV (what makes you think it does?)... and from what you now say, it appears you haven't actually checked it yourself.
I found a black light and it does not glow. I’m sorry I wasted your time, I did not think i posted this before
 
I found a black light and it does not glow. I’m sorry I wasted your time, I did not think i posted this before

No worries. On that basis, I would go with Botryoidal Malachite for the green rock.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom