Not open for further replies.

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm asking people not to post on this thread. You want to blow it out your rear, start your own thread. It's about impossible for me to post anything on here without someone butting in and crapping on the thread. I'll give this one try and probably have to delete it again. I guess the only solution is to start my own web page where these LRL skeptics (Yes, some who appear to be LRL advocates are skeptics in disguise.) cannot dump their load of crap to stink things up. You gotta ask yourself what in Hell is wrong with these people. I know some of them are in the metal detector industry, and probably one or two in the LRL business what I call "Dell haters". Dell is out of business so get over it.

I know some people don't want to hear this, but it's borderline evil--anything that is not near God. Don't confuse this with religion. I realize some people tried to learn to use L-rods and failed. Then they think anyone who can use one is a liar. It's all in the Holy Bible. "They will wail and gnash their teeth outside the gates of Heaven." I'm not trying to play "holier than thou", I'm trying to explain that you need to be near God. How do you get there? Know thyself. I'm sure most people have heard about greedy people cannot use a locator rod. It's the gospel truth. Any negative emotion is going to damage things. Can't recall all of them offhand, but doubt, greed, jealousy, are a few of them. Remember what Jesus said about even the tiniest amount of faith in your little fingertip? I think this really means to avoid the negative. When a person has doubt, there is no room in their heart for the positive.

I have a lot to post here. Remember, start your own thread.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Actually the term "L-rod control" is somewhat of a misnomer. The only control a person should exert over the rod is to learn to hold the rod steady without micromanaging things. Do you recall learning to drive a car? If you were like me, as the car starts to drift out of your lane you make a correction and usually at first you over-control and end up drifting in the opposite direction. I'm sure a lot of people do not angle the rod tips down an inch or more. When you hold the rod level you go begging for a response. This makes it so easy to influence the rod. That's what control freaks do. They want to be in charge. They want to control God. When you focus all your attention on the rod you are not involved in the search. Even focusing on the target you are not in the search. Put your focus on finding the signal line to the target. Pretty simple but not so easy to do.

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
The most sensitive area on the human body to get a "body response" with the rod is ninety degrees out to your side. That means you get a good response when the target is out to your side, compared to in front of you. Sometimes you miss the target when you walk directly down the signal line. Beginners in particular (but with anyone) many times do not get a response until right as the they leave the target's field. This can happen on the signal line as easily as when directly over the target. It is the edge of the target's field where the polarity changes. No matter how good you think you are, this can happen to anyone. Don't assume the target is on the first line you get. Go back and forth and desperately try to find another line nearby. The target may well be inbetween the two lines. I like to find two lines close together, sometimes just a step apart.

Of course this is all an extreme simplification. The target's field is much more complex than what I have described.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Speaking about having a positive attitude, you might try this: Everyday be thankful for what you have and say "Something good is going to happen today."

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I think the hardest thing to learn is detecting a visible target to check for interference. I don't think, I know this is the most useful skill to learn and it was the most difficult for me. If I was to wager, I would bet that the vast majority of MFD users do not possess this skill. Some people look at the Kp index which is only a wide forecast. It is not a record of what occurred. If you live by these forecasts, you will be missing out. The only accurate way is to check your test target. And the conditions can change off and on by the minute or even less. When the interference hits it will weaken or eliminates the signal line. When conditions get good again, the signal line usually has shifted a bit and it takes up to five minutes for some machines to lock back on to the target. If this is a continuous situation, better come back later.

The skill needed here is to be able to clear your mind of any preconceived notions. If you can't use an L-rod in the first place, you are not going to have much of a chance learning this skill. This is where meditation has helped me. It's not like I came up with this idea. I read about it back in the 1970's and guess what? I said "I don't need that and don't want to waste my time with it." How foolish I was. I will try to explain how I check the test target for interference next post.

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Signal line
The skill needed here is to be able to clear your mind of any preconceived notions. If you can't use an L-rod in the first place, you are not going to have much of a chance learning this skill. This is where meditation has helped me. It's not like I came up with this idea. I read about it back in the 1970's and guess what? I said "I don't need that and don't want to waste my time with it." How foolish I was. I will try to explain how I check the test target for interference next post
Correct

OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Art, please delete your post off this thread. I asked everyone not to post on this thread. As far as I am concerned you are thumbing your nose at me again. I have a lot more to post here and don't want any disruptions.

Last edited:
OP
OP
signal_line

signal_line

Silver Member
Nov 14, 2011
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I'm not posting any more info until Art deletes his post. Anyone here want to help on this can report his post as harassment. Click on the small triangle with the exclamation point inside it at the lower left of his post.

Last edited:

aarthrj3811

Gold Member
Apr 1, 2004
Northern Nevada
Detector(s) used
Dowsing Rods and a Ranger Tell Examiner
Signal line
I'm not posting any more info until Art deletes his post. Anyone here want to help on this can report his post as harassment. Click on the small triangle with the exclamation point inside it at the lower left of his post.
I do not delete my post because someone does not like them....I replied because your post made no sense for LRL users....In the first place the old LRL’s that use L rods are old technology....I have always said that if you try to Dowse while using a LRL you will not be successful...Art

Treasure_Hunter

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 27, 2006
Florida
Detector(s) used
Minelab_Equinox_ 800 Minelab_CTX-3030 Minelab_Excal_1000 Minelab_Sovereign_GT Minelab_Safari Minelab_ETrac Whites_Beach_Hunter_ID Fisher_1235_X
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Signal, sorry but anyone can post on any thread as long as it is with in our rules. This is a forum not a private blog.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

jeff of pa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 19, 2003
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Thread Locked Discussion ended since the OP doesn't want responses.

as Treasure_Hunter advised

This is a forum not a private blog

Please PM if you wish to continue & allow Discussion in this thread.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread