Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear funess;
No I have not heard of the lost mine in Guanajuto called the Sevilliana mine, however I have heard tell of a lost mine named the Sevillana in Guanajuato.
Your friend who hears all the rumors and legends;
LAMAR

OP
OP
Furness

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
he he he Thank you Lamar, i'm also sure you realised it was a typo on my part but thank you does that mean you know as much as me or that you know more,
i'm sure its the latter,

your friend furness,

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear furness;
No I did not realize that it was a typo, my friend. There may very well exist, or did exist, a Sevilliana mine. Spanish names are often times separated by only one or two letters, or sometimes even a accent mark. This is why I wished for verification if it was a typo or not.
Your friend;
LAMAR

E

el_gral

Found this from The Copper Handbook. Thought it was interesting.Its a register from a copper mine though. I thought it was pretty weird how the president's name is Dwight Furness. LOL maybe its a long lost relative of yours! J/K

A MANUAL OF THE COPPER INDUSTRY
OF THE WORLD.
VOL. X
COMPILED AND PUBLISHED BY
HORACE J. STEVENS
Houghton, Mich., U. S. A.

Office: 82 Wall St., New York, N. Y. Operating office: Guanajuato, Jalisco, Мех. Mine office: Autlán, Jalisco, Мех. Jas. С. Hinchliffe, president; Dwight Furness, general manager. Organized circa 190S, with capitalization $4,000,000, in $1,000,000 preferred and 83,000,000 common stock. Company plans operating through subsidiary corporations, and controls, through stock ownership, the Mexican Investment & Development Co., owning tho Agua Blanca mine. Property includes the Calabaza mine, at Etzatlán, Jalisco, and the Dolores, Cabrestante, San Antonio de las Minas, San Gregorio and Sevillana mines, all in the state of Guanajuato, with a 40-ton mill on the Dolores propertv. GUARDIAN COPPER MINING CO. MONTANA.

lamar

Bronze Member
Aug 30, 2004
Dear 8 Reales;
Great FIND, my friend! I think that the gentleman known as *furness* may be trying to track down the legendary Sevillana prospect that was discovered......

Oooooooooooops! I've said too much!
Your keeping everything on the QT friend;
LAMAR

OP
OP
Furness

Furness

Aug 23, 2008
Lancs
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hello 8 Reales,

Thanks for the info, yes it is weird although furness is not my name it's just a handle i use, i have an interest in the old Furness railway that was built in the north west of England originally to move ore from the mines to the smelters, unfortunately only iron ore,

Lamar my friend Thank you,no I'm keeping nothing on the QT, all i know is the name of the mine and that its in Guanajuato,
my research due to where i live is nothing more than pouring over google earth, looking for the clues in the stories that have been posted on here, so yes i am looking for any clues others on here may have,
La Sevilliana came up in conversation with a Goil ( thank you for the correct spelling jose ) jejeje
a woman I'm writing to in Monterrey, where I'm planning on retiring to next year,

furness

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions