Labor Day plans?

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Anyone got and cool plans for Labor Day?

I guess I'm flying solo, so i think I'll spend on evening beach mining, followed by a couple days camping and detecting in or around a 1900-1910 milltown. The town is kind of an obsessive interest to me. I just figured out the lay of it all there, and there's additional spots nearby. A 1950's roadside resort (gone), a late 1800's homestead (gone), and an abandonded (still mostly standing) state forest place.

All the places have given up some nice things in the past, and deserve more foot time.

Anyone else plan on treasure nerding Labor Day

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no plans just going to detect some where like always... I could pack the truck up and help you find some goodies...:icon_pirat:

OP
OP
A#1

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I have no plans just going to detect some where like always... I could pack the truck up and help you find some goodies...:icon_pirat:
Well, knowing roughly where you are, I wouldn't suggest joining the beach mining, unless you really want to. I'll probably be just too far away for a single evening. ....and no gold, lol. Charlevoix area is where I do that.

Once I get to the other place, you're welcome to join if you like. I'm not exactly sure where I'll be swinging the coil yet, gotta get there and see what's goin on the the hood. It's a place where there a bunch of old sites around a few campgrounds i stay at. I mean half a county by that. Grayling area.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have access to a cabin right on lake Charlevoix but have never used it my sister in law mother owns it and said i could use it any time, Id be glad to join you metal detecting I would sleep in my truck if your planning to camp out, I have a bed I built in the back of my Tacoma haven't used it yet for sleeping, give a time and location to meet and Ill start planning to head your way...

OP
OP
A#1

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
I have access to a cabin right on lake Charlevoix but have never used it my sister in law mother owns it and said i could use it any time, Id be glad to join you metal detecting I would sleep in my truck if your planning to camp out, I have a bed I built in the back of my Tacoma haven't used it yet for sleeping, give a time and location to meet and Ill start planning to head your way...
Well, kinda stuck at work at the moment, and wasnt exactly planning for this......so gimme a couple hours to get a better grip on the conversation......but

I have a place near Charlevoix too. Honestly, I was gonna go there friday night and drop some crap off, the beach mining was just a way to kill a few hours before bed. Since I'm not into asking permission, there really isn't much for places to detect there. It's also something I dont really have to do.

For now, if you plan camping and detecting up north around Grayling this weekend.......we can work on some more details this evening. I'll be crashing in my truck too. Probably in a campground, possibly not.

Being that there's so many places we could go......what might interest ya?

There's homesteads, railroads, ghost towns, fishin sites, lumber camps, military, old tourism. Can't gaurantee you'll find much, but you could be in some spots you should.

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
For me its just about being outside weather I find any thing or not, I'm not picky at all, any of those places will be a good time to me.

OP
OP
A#1

A#1

Feb 18, 2018
Traverse City, Michigan
Primary Interest:
Other
Yeh, me too, and going to the interesting places in hopes I COULD find something.

This is most definately outside though, lol, and i nice place to be. You just have to get there to be able to know whats going on, and where you can go. I'm not being cryptic about that, you'll see what I mean.

What days do you have available?

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow fellas all this is too interesting. I might try to make it to TC around Memorial Day. How about I contact you when I know what I have to do. Would like to join the party!

Toecutter

Bronze Member
Nov 30, 2018
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
This was last year...but we will be at it again this year

jamest64

Jan 15, 2020
Near Ann Arbor Michigan
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 and White's TRX pp, Garrett 400, Pro Pinpointer II.
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Wow. Sounds good. You looking for partners? Might be able to work something out. I'm in TC now. Found a spoon an an old farm yesterday silver plate.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread