kimsdad
Silver Member
- Joined
- Apr 17, 2008
- Messages
- 4,693
- Reaction score
- 24
- Golden Thread
- 0
- Location
- Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
- Detector(s) used
- E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
- #1
Thread Owner
Laddie came to visit & a couple more silvers
What a torrent we had early this morning! I'm a sound sleeper, but just the sound of the rain falling woke me up!!
After the sun came up and things dried up a bit, I had to get out, so I went over to the house near me that I had permission to hunt. You may or may not recall some Rosies giving up to me on an earlier hunt. I thought I had cleaned that place out. Today I got some kind of (kids?) band bracelet, a '44 Merc, a '46 Rosie, and an old dog ID tag that had been attached to a leather collar at some point in time.


This was the most important find of the day to me. If I didn't find the dimes and only came home with this, it still would have been a great hunt. For personal reasons, I love to find dog related items when I hunt. It looks like 'ole Laddie was visiting from Des Plaines. Funny thing, he lived about a block from where I lived as a youngster, and about seven miles from where I found it. He could have been gone before I was born, or maybe he barked at me as I walked or rode my bicycle by. Oh, I checked - the family doesn't live there anymore.
It would have been kind of cool to bring the tag back there and give it to family members.

Hmmmm.... This was post #2222 for me. I think that calls for a celebratory cold one!
Thanks for checking my post out and HH!!
What a torrent we had early this morning! I'm a sound sleeper, but just the sound of the rain falling woke me up!!
After the sun came up and things dried up a bit, I had to get out, so I went over to the house near me that I had permission to hunt. You may or may not recall some Rosies giving up to me on an earlier hunt. I thought I had cleaned that place out. Today I got some kind of (kids?) band bracelet, a '44 Merc, a '46 Rosie, and an old dog ID tag that had been attached to a leather collar at some point in time. 

This was the most important find of the day to me. If I didn't find the dimes and only came home with this, it still would have been a great hunt. For personal reasons, I love to find dog related items when I hunt. It looks like 'ole Laddie was visiting from Des Plaines. Funny thing, he lived about a block from where I lived as a youngster, and about seven miles from where I found it. He could have been gone before I was born, or maybe he barked at me as I walked or rode my bicycle by. Oh, I checked - the family doesn't live there anymore.
It would have been kind of cool to bring the tag back there and give it to family members.
Hmmmm.... This was post #2222 for me. I think that calls for a celebratory cold one!
Thanks for checking my post out and HH!!


) and old dog tag. I've found two or three dog tags but none are old. I'm hoping to get out this weekend, it's not looking really good right now though...
Nice finds Neil!







