Laddie came to visit & a couple more silvers

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Moronica, northwest of Chicago.
Detector(s) used
E-trac & Bounty Hunter Land Star
Laddie came to visit & a couple more silvers

What a torrent we had early this morning! I'm a sound sleeper, but just the sound of the rain falling woke me up!! :o After the sun came up and things dried up a bit, I had to get out, so I went over to the house near me that I had permission to hunt. You may or may not recall some Rosies giving up to me on an earlier hunt. I thought I had cleaned that place out. Today I got some kind of (kids?) band bracelet, a '44 Merc, a '46 Rosie, and an old dog ID tag that had been attached to a leather collar at some point in time.

finds small.jpg

Silvers Small.jpg

This was the most important find of the day to me. If I didn't find the dimes and only came home with this, it still would have been a great hunt. For personal reasons, I love to find dog related items when I hunt. It looks like 'ole Laddie was visiting from Des Plaines. Funny thing, he lived about a block from where I lived as a youngster, and about seven miles from where I found it. He could have been gone before I was born, or maybe he barked at me as I walked or rode my bicycle by. Oh, I checked - the family doesn't live there anymore. :( It would have been kind of cool to bring the tag back there and give it to family members.

Laddie\'s tag redacted small.jpg

Hmmmm.... This was post #2222 for me. I think that calls for a celebratory cold one!

Thanks for checking my post out and HH!! :wink:

watercolor

Silver Member
Feb 3, 2007
Arlington Heights, IL
Detector(s) used
V3i, MXT-All Pro and Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Re: Laddie came to visit & a couple more silvers

That place has been V E R Y good to you silver-wise :wink:

The Illinois contingent is going to make you take a "time-out" until we can catch up to you with the silvers ;D

I wonder if "Laddie's" name plate was at one time attached to a leather collar?. . . that's cool :thumbsup:

Take care,
Mark

Lowbatts

Gold Member
Jul 1, 2003
Elgin
Detector(s) used
Fishers 1235X-8" CZ-20/21-8" F-70-11"DD GC1023

I dug two tags at a person's home once from long gone dogs, the lady there was crying when I found them, she was very sentimental about her old poochies.

In any event I'll bet Laddie, like most dogs that were once much more common in the area, was not one of those legion of little yappers that now over run this neck of the woods and that I fondly refer to as coyote fodder.

twistidd

Bronze Member
Nov 11, 2007
Chicago
Detector(s) used
White's Matrix M6 w/ Sun-Ray DX-1, 950 coil and 6x10 DD, Minelab Excalibur II, Garrett Ace 250, Garmin Etrex GPS

Hey Neil, cool finds! Nice silver (another Rosey :D ) and old dog tag. I've found two or three dog tags but none are old. I'm hoping to get out this weekend, it's not looking really good right now though...

Take care!

Joe

d-dub

Apr 15, 2009
Chicago, Il
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac & Minelab Excal II

watercolor said:
The Illinois contingent is going to make you take a "time-out" until we can catch up to you with the silvers ;D

No kidding. Save at LEAST one for me. :'( Nice finds Neil!

litefire56

Bronze Member
May 14, 2008
Illinois
Detector(s) used
DFX -10x12 SEF, 300mm, 10"DD, 6x10DD, Sunray DX-1

Nice finds Neil! I like the old tags too. My oldest (a '56) is in my album, right along with my best silvers.

OP
OP
kimsdad

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Detector(s) used

Lowbatts said:
I dug two tags at a person's home once from long gone dogs, the lady there was crying when I found them, she was very sentimental about her old poochies.
If someone did that for me, I'd probably start bawling, too.... Me and my dog - :)

d-dub said:
watercolor said:
No kidding. Save at LEAST one for me. :'( Nice finds Neil!
I have a feeling that this is gonna be your weekend, Dan!

litefire56 said:
Nice finds Neil! I like the old tags too. My oldest (a '56) is in my album, right along with my best silvers.
Thanks John! I'm right there with you on my oldest dated - City of Chicago mid 50's. I'd love to grab an early 1900's one. Someday...

Thanks for the replies, guys!

DPBOB

Silver Member
Apr 12, 2006
DES PLAINES IL
Detector(s) used

"Your going Metal Detecting
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Silver and more silver.....

I'm forgetting what it feels like to pull silver out of the ground.

OP
OP
kimsdad

kimsdad

Silver Member
Apr 17, 2008
Detector(s) used

DP BOB said:
Silver and more silver.....

I'm forgetting what it feels like to pull silver out of the ground.

Let me remind you - It feels great!!! ;D

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread