What's new

LOYAL ORDER OF MOOSE PIN!!! Wow, it’s old!

BigWaveDave

Gold Member
Joined
Nov 22, 2013
Messages
9,947
Reaction score
19,963
Golden Thread
3
Location
Mountain Maryland
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Garrett AT Pro, AT Max, Minelab
Equinox 800
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It’s been a little while since I’ve posted. I got a (great) new job, but also my knee is kinda blown out, so I haven’t beeped at all in the past month or so. I was in Uniontown, PA yesterday, and this spot that is usually grown up with grass and weeds had just been mowed. LFG!!! I mustered up the strength to hit it for about 2 hours, glad I did!
Got me a miners tag, a fancy button, and a random Rosie, :headbang:so I was happy with that. I called “last keeper” not knowing I’d find one of my all time favorite relics.

Check this out!
image.webp


This may be the oldest LOOM pin in existence, as I spent hours online looking for something this old. My first thought was of my Uncle, he’s been a member for 50 years or so. I guess he’ll try to recruit me again, ha!
I believe the date of October 25, 1913 is the 25 year anniversary of the Moose Lodge organization, or it could be significant in another way that I can’t “pin” down yet.
I’m just so thrilled to have found this pin, I can’t wait to show it off at the club meeting next week!

image.webp

image.webp


Thanks for looking!:hello:
 
Upvote 57
What are you using to access TNet, pc, laptop, cell, tablet? PC or Mac? What opperating system if PC?

Would also help me if you can take picture of the whole screen. I will research it... thanks..
 
Last edited:
What are you using to access TNet, pc, laptop, cell, tablet? PC or Mac? What opperating system if PC?

Would also help me if you can take picture of the whole screen. I will research it... thanks..
I’m using an iPhone 14 pro. This is all I can get with a screen shot.
(Sorry Dave, I’d give you a banner if I could!)
IMG_4391.webp
 
Have you tried setting your iphone to desktop site, on Android there is option to set to desktop site, your screen then looks and acts like a small pc screen. It is easy to turn on and off.

I dont know Iphone, but on android if you hit the 3 dots a menu opens and one of options is Desktop site..

1000032870.webp
 
Try this.....

1000032873.webp
 
For what it's worth, I tried using the "request desktop version" on an iPhone and that does not solve the issue. On a hunch that it's a CSS setting based on screen size, I found the easy fix -- turn your phone sideways. The screen gets wider and the banner arrow shows up. :icon_thumright:
 
Wicked cool!!!!
 
Thanks everyone for the Banner Votes, and also to the guys who are trying to nominate this pin also. I never expected this! The attention this thread has received is humbling, and I’m reminded how great this site and its members are.
Thanks again! :hello:
 
For what it's worth, I tried using the "request desktop version" on an iPhone and that does not solve the issue. On a hunch that it's a CSS setting based on screen size, I found the easy fix -- turn your phone sideways. The screen gets wider and the banner arrow shows up. :icon_thumright:
That’s all it took. Thanks Robert.👍🏻
 
It’s been a little while since I’ve posted. I got a (great) new job, but also my knee is kinda blown out, so I haven’t beeped at all in the past month or so. I was in Uniontown, PA yesterday, and this spot that is usually grown up with grass and weeds had just been mowed. LFG!!! I mustered up the strength to hit it for about 2 hours, glad I did!
Got me a miners tag, a fancy button, and a random Rosie, :headbang:so I was happy with that. I called “last keeper” not knowing I’d find one of my all time favorite relics.

Check this out!
View attachment 2261443

This may be the oldest LOOM pin in existence, as I spent hours online looking for something this old. My first thought was of my Uncle, he’s been a member for 50 years or so. I guess he’ll try to recruit me again, ha!
I believe the date of October 25, 1913 is the 25 year anniversary of the Moose Lodge organization, or it could be significant in another way that I can’t “pin” down yet.
I’m just so thrilled to have found this pin, I can’t wait to show it off at the club meeting next week!

View attachment 2261444
View attachment 2261445

Thanks for looking!:hello:
That is a very cool pin. Sorry to hear about your knee issue. No fun! You get extra credit for getting out there. Congrats
 
It’s been a little while since I’ve posted. I got a (great) new job, but also my knee is kinda blown out, so I haven’t beeped at all in the past month or so. I was in Uniontown, PA yesterday, and this spot that is usually grown up with grass and weeds had just been mowed. LFG!!! I mustered up the strength to hit it for about 2 hours, glad I did!
Got me a miners tag, a fancy button, and a random Rosie, :headbang:so I was happy with that. I called “last keeper” not knowing I’d find one of my all time favorite relics.

Check this out!
View attachment 2261443

This may be the oldest LOOM pin in existence, as I spent hours online looking for something this old. My first thought was of my Uncle, he’s been a member for 50 years or so. I guess he’ll try to recruit me again, ha!
I believe the date of October 25, 1913 is the 25 year anniversary of the Moose Lodge organization, or it could be significant in another way that I can’t “pin” down yet.
I’m just so thrilled to have found this pin, I can’t wait to show it off at the club meeting next week!

View attachment 2261444
View attachment 2261445

Thanks for looking!:hello:
Great Finds!!
 
Love it !!! Congrats !!
 
It’s been a little while since I’ve posted. I got a (great) new job, but also my knee is kinda blown out, so I haven’t beeped at all in the past month or so. I was in Uniontown, PA yesterday, and this spot that is usually grown up with grass and weeds had just been mowed. LFG!!! I mustered up the strength to hit it for about 2 hours, glad I did!
Got me a miners tag, a fancy button, and a random Rosie, :headbang:so I was happy with that. I called “last keeper” not knowing I’d find one of my all time favorite relics.

Check this out!
View attachment 2261443

This may be the oldest LOOM pin in existence, as I spent hours online looking for something this old. My first thought was of my Uncle, he’s been a member for 50 years or so. I guess he’ll try to recruit me again, ha!
I believe the date of October 25, 1913 is the 25 year anniversary of the Moose Lodge organization, or it could be significant in another way that I can’t “pin” down yet.
I’m just so thrilled to have found this pin, I can’t wait to show it off at the club meeting next week!

View attachment 2261444
View attachment 2261445

Thanks for looking!:hello:
Congratulations on finds and the great animal pin! 👍🇺🇲
 
Finds like that moose pin are one of a kind, congrats
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom