Ladies compact ??

J

jlar

Hi,

Recently found what looks like a ladies compact.? I have found a couple others in this same yard.? It is about 1 1/2" dia and has C&Co on the top.? Any idea what that stands for and when abouts it might have been made?? I tried searching for awhile but didn't come up with anything useful.

I also found this piece of metal.? On one side it says "State of New Hampshire".? On the other it reads ...

"To open badge lift this end and slide out .... Bring this badge with you when applying for next years license? ... Whitehead Hoag Newark NJ"

Any ideas as to what this is all about?? Thanks for any help that you can give.

Jlar

Hi Buckram,

You are obviously much better at the search thing then me :) I tried for quite awhile to find what the company might have been and came up non related answers. But now with your help, I have found that they only used the Colgate and Co. name from 1857 to 1926 so I now have a date range. And that range matches a lot of the other stuff that I have been finding. Maybe I will post a pic of the lot some time.

I had thought briefly about the badge being for hunting or fishing but then ruled it out. I had never seen the licenses in that form.

Thanks for your help with the id. I hope to return the favor (but don't hold your breath unless my searching gets better :)

jlar

Upvote 0

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back