What's new

Ladies sash buckle?

Digger54

Hero Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Dec 6, 2010
Messages
659
Reaction score
892
Golden Thread
0
Location
SC Lowcountry
Detector(s) used
Fisher F75SE, Bandido II, Sovereign GT, Fisher1280X, Nautilus DMCIIB, Deus2, Manticore.
Primary Interest:
Shipwrecks
This was folded in half, and I immediately unfolded it as I have learned that your best chance to straighten brass out without damage seems to be when you first dig it out of the ground. I don't understand the science of that but I have found that to be the case by experience.

This item is sturdy brass plate with fancy scroll work with flowers on the face. Assume it to be a sash buckle, but not sure.
 

Attachments

  • whatsit4a.webp
    whatsit4a.webp
    50.6 KB · Views: 271
Yes, it is a sash buckle. I've dug one identical several years ago.
 
Upvote 0
BuckleBoy said:
Yes, it is a sash buckle. I've dug one identical several years ago.

Thanks.
 
Upvote 0
Digger54,
Knew that looked familiar and began rummaging through some old finds. Found it about 4 years ago at an approx 1900's homesite.
Hope the pic comes through alright. Mine is in pretty good shape and you can see the face markings pretty clearly plus the clasp with the teeth are mostly intact.
 

Attachments

  • area history 001.webp
    area history 001.webp
    128.2 KB · Views: 149
Upvote 0
sorry about the large post-not too good at resizing. Maybe someone can help.
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom