Lady Liberty was my Friend today Happy 4th

RONC(OR)

Aug 28, 2006
Eugene ,OR
Detector(s) used
Etrac/ X-8-X-1/ /Excalibur 2/AuqaHog ~yayer
Went on a road trip today with Richard We went to were we left off the day before. My first good dig was the 1899 Barber Quarter this was my 100th silver of the year. Not 4' away I get another hit 6-7" deep sounds sweet so I go slow and give it room out pops a sweet 1917 s Variety 1 SLQ :icon_pirat: I was on cloud 9 We took a brake and had lunch and went back for round 2 . The first target I dug was a 48 quarter Trifecta ! .then I dug 1911 V nickle followed by a 43 Merc. when we got there I step out of the car and found the watch right in the road still running and keeping good time . I also found this Harmonica plate it seems to be made of lead sure is heavy I have never seen one like it. I did not dig a single wheat . I would be interested in what some of you guys and gals think the grade of the SLQ is . It was a great 4th of July for me hope it was for everybody thx for looking HH :icon_pirat:

Attachments

• DSCN0018(1).JPG
    DSCN0018(1).JPG
    70.5 KB · Views: 734
  • DSCN0020(1).JPG
    DSCN0020(1).JPG
    61.8 KB · Views: 712
  • DSCN0019(1).JPG
    DSCN0019(1).JPG
    70.4 KB · Views: 713
  • DSCN0021(1).JPG
    DSCN0021(1).JPG
    71 KB · Views: 711
  • DSCN0022(1).JPG
    DSCN0022(1).JPG
    51.6 KB · Views: 711
  • DSCN0023(1).JPG
    DSCN0023(1).JPG
    59.4 KB · Views: 706
  • DSCN0024(1).JPG
    DSCN0024(1).JPG
    62.5 KB · Views: 690
  • DSCN0025.JPG
    DSCN0025.JPG
    62.7 KB · Views: 711
Upvote 0
This day was ALL you Ron!!! Congratulations
on a stellar hunt and your trifecta of quarters.
You had to work for them and you deserve
major kudos for the finds.(except the watch!!)
Congrats again.... Gold Nuggets :hello:

That is a great hunt, and you have found the SLQ I would love to find. I am envious. If I am reading the Red Book correctly, "date and lettering are legible. Top of date worn. Liberty's right leg and toes worn off. Much wear evident on left leg and drapery lines." G-4 I would love to give it a higher grade, but VG-8 says "Distict date. Toes fairly visible and drapery lines visible above Liberty's left leg." I am not able to see her toes in your pic, but it might be there in person. I am thinking somewhere between these two grades. Don't get me wrong, I would be doing the happy dance for a good week if I were able to find such a coin. T.

tford62 said:
That is a great hunt, and you have found the SLQ I would love to find. I am envious. If I am reading the Red Book correctly, "date and lettering are legible. Top of date worn. Liberty's right leg and toes worn off. Much wear evident on left leg and drapery lines." G-4 I would love to give it a higher grade, but VG-8 says "Distict date. Toes fairly visible and drapery lines visible above Liberty's left leg." I am not able to see her toes in your pic, but it might be there in person. I am thinking somewhere between these two grades. Don't get me wrong, I would be doing the happy dance for a good week if I were able to find such a coin. T.
heres a close up HH

Attachments

• DSCN0026.JPG
    DSCN0026.JPG
    61.9 KB · Views: 666
100th silver of the year. You are only 99 ahead of me. I have got to make time.
Congratulations on a fine hunt. You have got to have a lot of undone chores :laughing7:

HOLY CRAP RON ~ YOU KICKED A$$ TODAY!! WOOHOO!!! I wish I could have been there with you guys today! CONGRAT'S!!!

You guys are killing me with all the great SLQ's being. dug. Yours makes me want to hurt things. Killer coin!

that SLQ grades higher than G-4. It's all about the drapery across the chest, the star in the lower right side, and the eagles feather and eye, plus the shield's rim.

It's a pretty worn, pretty dinged up F-12, according to The Official ANA grading standards book.

Lucky

You may be right, I am not a professional grader, but I have sold hundreds of coins on Ebay and never been accused of over grading, something I am proud of and I was just going from a pic. Actually, I said it was some where between G-4 and VG-8. It is still a coin I wish I had put my coil over. I would be proud of such a find. I didn't mean to degrade the find and tried to relay that in my previous post. I hope no offense was taken. HH, T.

Great job once again Ron. Looks like I'm gonna have to head down your way to up my silver totals for the year:)

lloyd

WTG Ron on those nice coins. Even a SLQ with a date. V nickles are fun to find..................when you can find them. Ron

Fantastic group of coins, Ron, and even better to dig all three varieties of quarters in the same hunt. Yee-haw!! Those V's don't show up too often, and its a shame its getting slighted because of the quarter trifecta. Soooooo, I feel I need to give it some props...Yay V Nickel!

The mystery harmonica plate is weird looking for sure. The reeds on both sides seem odd to me...I've found quite a few and its seems that the reeds are only on one side, unless my memory is faulty.

MP

Nice quarter trifecta Ron! Beauty of an SLQ there. Great 4th results.

I got out on the 4th, and permission to hunt an 1880 house...1919 wheat was the oldest.....a few days of rain would really go along way!!!

Jim

Awesome job on the trifecta!!!!!!!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

WOW!! Simply amazing. And after you traveled far and wide to find coins. Better when your close to home, I guess.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back