What's new

Lady Liberty Watch Fob

Carolina Relic Hunter

Full Member
Joined
May 30, 2021
Messages
231
Reaction score
1,813
Golden Thread
1
Location
Rock Hill, SC
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 800 & 900, Nokta Pulsedive, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Back at our 1700’s home site where we find stuff from that time all the way to modern. I dug this gem on the way back to the car. Not sure of it’s age but it’s unique and cool. The second pic is and undug example.
 

Attachments

  • IMG_5234.webp
    IMG_5234.webp
    177.4 KB · Views: 161
  • IMG_5236.webp
    IMG_5236.webp
    307.4 KB · Views: 121
Last edited:
Upvote 23
Supposed to represent a repousse punched coin like this Barber. On the actual coins, it can be a little tricky to date when they were actually punched as you can still buy the dies today, but I believe they first became popular in the 1910's. Personally, I'd date your fob about circa 1915

1768746247759.webp
 
Supposed to represent a repousse punched coin like this Barber. On the actual coins, it can be a little tricky to date when they were actually punched as you can still buy the dies today, but I believe they first became popular in the 1910's. Personally, I'd date your fob about circa 1915

View attachment 2241380
That date range hit right with some of the other items we found in this specific area
 
Back at our 1700’s home site where we find stuff from that time all the way to modern. I dug this gem on the way back to the car. Not sure of it’s age but it’s unique and cool. The second pic is and undug example.
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 
Back at our 1700’s home site where we find stuff from that time all the way to modern. I dug this gem on the way back to the car. Not sure of it’s age but it’s unique and cool. The second pic is and undug example.
That is a great looking piece!
 
Great find. Thanks for sharing with us
 
great find, what size is it I have a punched-out dime too, and all three look alive
 

Attachments

  • clean.webp
    clean.webp
    35.1 KB · Views: 32

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom