lake finds

carpel

Apr 30, 2005
Midwest
Just purchased some trappers gloves to keep my hands and arms warm and dry while using my wadders in a local Lake. The wind was blowing pretty good, making some choppy water and waves so I could not go very far out without worrying about swamping my waders. There still are a few items to be found even before the swimming season starts, I was pretty happy at finding the gold ring!.

Attachments

• april 22.jpg
    april 22.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 365
  • ring.jpg
    ring.jpg
    26.8 KB · Views: 367
  • ringin.jpg
    ringin.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 364
Upvote 0
M

mchamby

Nice ring, it looks like it is Black hills gold, two tone, also I see a dare devil lure. Hope you get the chance to get back out there.
Mchamby

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
What a great find! Is it Black Hills gold? Looks like it to me. Nice. oops! McHamby beat me to it, LOL!

vicki

The Seeker

Bronze Member
Nov 21, 2005
Keep on Digging!
Detector(s) used
MINELAB Explorer-II
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Must be Gold fever.....! Finding gold ring is what I like to do when I get to the beaches or along the lake.......nice job!

tinpan

Silver Member
Sep 4, 2004
Eaglehawk
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
GPX
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
nice find.third post today on gold finds. luck runs in threes congrats

tinpan

OP
OP
carpel

carpel

Apr 30, 2005
Midwest
Thanks for all the nice replies,Ashleen that is a great site to bad I am in Wisconsin, we do have a couple websites that lists the local area lakes but they usually involved a paid membership for more detail.

trk5capt

Silver Member
Oct 14, 2005
Charleston S.C.
CARPEL, Very Nice Finds, Congrats. trk5capt...

Attachments

• JOHNS DETECTING PICS 054.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 054.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 219
  • JOHNS DETECTING PICS 054.gif
    JOHNS DETECTING PICS 054.gif
    10.6 KB · Views: 219

groundfisher

Mar 27, 2005
Merrill,Wi.
WTG! Nice looking ring. I've been considering trying some water hunting around the lakes and rivers here and was wondering what the basic shallow water equipment would consist of .The control box on my detector is not removeable so I'm limited in that respect.Any advice would be much appreciated. Thanks. HH!

OP
OP
carpel

carpel

Apr 30, 2005
Midwest
I use a detector pro wader waterproof metal detector, it works great in the water, sand and digging in the ground. I use a scoop for the water and the beach, for digging in the ground I have a nice knife type digger.

ashleen

Bronze Member
Aug 25, 2005
NH
carpel said:
Ashleen that is a great site to bad I am in Wisconsin

:P :P dur...for some reason i thought you were in MA...lol... ::) one of my spells i guess
Wish my treasure finds list of late would top my oops!.list :-[

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread