Large Anchor Found

BC Hunter,

I am always interested to learn about old wrecks on the BC coast, or even further north. When it is appropriate, I would be interested to lean more about your wreck and its location.

Actually, I think I might have spoken to you a year or two ago about the Bute Inlet wreck, and with your partner stationed up there with his satellite phone.

Best wishes,

Mariner

Mariner

That wasn't me but I know of the guy you are referring to (built a cabin right in front
of the wreck so nobody can just come in and work it also he is searching for the lost Spanish mine,
the reason the ship was there in the first place)

BC

BC:

He had a partner who lives in Nanaimo, which is why I thought it might be you.

Still interested in the location when it is appropriate for you to share any information. Also, I have been gathering info for some time on two possible old shipwreck sites on the west coast of Vancouver Island, which somebody up there might be interested in checking out for me.

Mariner

Anchor usually show where is ship.During hurricane captains often used anchors as a protection against accident of the ship to reef.
Mayby broked the rope and ship was sent to reef.
is very important to know:pozition of anchor,pozition of nearest reefs,way of the hurricanes.
sorry for my english.

First off My wife is from Toronto and we have a place in BC spendinga lot of time above Nanaimo Courtney area, I am diving/engineer and am presently in and around Monseratt in the West Indies.
I am en route to Trinidad next, them home to BC. Along the way on days off I use a power boat to check out the reefs. I am into bottles so I will check out leachtown, thanks for the info.
99*ps there are plenty of cannon lying arouund the anchor and more,,

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back