Swartzie Hero Member Joined Mar 15, 2009 Messages 791 Reaction score 52 Golden Thread 0 Location Tuscarawas County, Ohio Detector(s) used Tesoro Tejon Primary Interest: Relic Hunting Jul 5, 2009 #1 I found this large buckle in an area that dates to the early 1800's. Anyone have an idea for it's use or what it may have come off of? Attachments buckle.webp 75.5 KB · Views: 254
I found this large buckle in an area that dates to the early 1800's. Anyone have an idea for it's use or what it may have come off of?
PBK Gold Member Joined May 25, 2005 Messages 6,381 Reaction score 273 Golden Thread 0 Jul 5, 2009 #2 Size is about right for a horse girth/cinch buckle. Upvote 0
Montana Jim Gold Member Joined Sep 18, 2006 Messages 11,705 Reaction score 148 Golden Thread 0 Location Montana Jul 5, 2009 #3 I agree it's horse tack related. Upvote 0
BuckleBoy Platinum Member Joined Jun 12, 2006 Messages 18,159 Reaction score 9,723 Golden Thread 4 Location Moonlight and Magnolias 🥇 Banner finds 4 Detector(s) used Fisher F75, Whites DualField PI, Fisher 1266-X and Tesoro Silver uMax Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 5, 2009 #4 I also agree. Sometimes I keep these items and put them through electrolysis. If they are very thin, they don't hold up very well--but I like having examples of civilian and "common" items in my collection. Best Wishes, Buckles Upvote 0
I also agree. Sometimes I keep these items and put them through electrolysis. If they are very thin, they don't hold up very well--but I like having examples of civilian and "common" items in my collection. Best Wishes, Buckles
CRUSADER Emerald Member Joined May 25, 2007 Messages 41,306 Reaction score 48,543 Golden Thread 27 Location ENGLAND 🥇 Banner finds 27 Detector(s) used XP Deus II v0.6 with 11" Coil Primary Interest: All Treasure Hunting Jul 5, 2009 #5 Yeap, as above Upvote 0