LARGE CENT #7 in 3 days, Sweet detail on this one!!

cjon455

Gold Member
Jun 4, 2012
Northeast PA
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac
Garrett Propointer
Garrett Propointer-AT
Sampson T handle shovel
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Here i go again guys, ill try to keep the novel to a minimum this time:tongue3: Today i was supposed to catch up on some studying as my graduation date is nearing, buuuuuuuut it was too darn nice out and im suffering from LC fever lol. Hit the cornfield today and dug some more sweet buttons, and one large cent! an 1812! finally one with good detail that is easy to read. I took some advice and started gridding the heck out of the section i worked last night and dug everything. I only dug 2 cans and a few bits of lead along with 3 shotgun shells, an 1976 matchbox, and a few whatsits. I managed to keep my composure enough to snap some shots during the retrieval, That large cent almost got away from me. when my batteries start dying i lose some accuracy pinpointing, but i was persistent and said to myself "cmon gimme that beautiful green disK!" im really liking finding the wide variety of buttons ive been digging the past 3 days. Thanks for looking and HH button in ground.jpgLC in ground.jpgLC front.jpgLC back.jpgLC closeup front.jpgLC closeup back.jpgTotal haul.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 9
this field looks to be about a quarter mile long, i did find that as i got away from my hotspot, the signals got less and less, im sure theres more buttons and coins, just gotta find the next hotspot in that field

nice find congrats almost time to plow HH

very nice. I sure would like to dig one of those

Awesome find man ! That large cent has major detail - I'd be very stoked if I detected that !!

Thanks for all the good words guys. This site to me is amazing. This was the site I needed in order to share the thrill of making the "sweet finds" with my son because we were on a slump to end last season and spent the winter months obsessing over youtube metal detecting vids and researching sites and researching the ATPro for the eventual upgrade. We kinda feel like we stepped our game up a notch or two lol:laughing7:

OMG that is magnificent!

Great detail! I believe it is Sheldon-290. Very Common. Don't see a die crack as S-291 has a prevolent die crack. Can someone else confirm? Thanks.............Hogge

Great detail! I believe it is Sheldon-290. Very Common. Don't see a die crack as S-291 has a prevolent die crack. Can someone else confirm? Thanks.............Hogge

I suck at finding values on these things, anyone want to chime in? Im never selling any of the LCs unless of course were talking about $300 plus lol

Nice score !

Congrats on the LC!! Sounds like you've find a sweet spot!! HH, Finman

Were gonna start callin you the LARGE CENT KING!!! CONGRATS bud.... HH

You have officially reached your lifetime quota of LC's. You are no longer allowed to dig anymore.....at least until TNGUNS has caught up. It's a new law. Unconstitutional like the rest of them they are passing, but still a law. :notworthy:

wow ,, very nice finds there .. but this brings up a question i have had forming in my mind over the last couple days and readign this made it finally pop...
i keep seeing these finds are in " fields "
are these random fields or are they ones known or thought to be a spot where some one lived or CW camp ?
because if i need to be in the fields im gonna quit begging people to search thier yards , because other then the 1 CW button all my son and i have been finding is wheat's and clad.

Looks like you're having a blast! Nice 1812 LC!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back