Large Cent an Eagle Button Today

Hill Billy

Bronze Member
Jun 3, 2007
Detector(s) used
Whites XLT
Primary Interest:
Other
Well with the big storm coming in from the mid west tomorrow, I thought I would try and get some much needed swing time in. I'm glad I did. ;D The weather here has been really uncooperative when it comes to digging this past month. I decided to go and hit a site that I have pounded to death. I have been to the site 4 times now and thought that I wouldn't find a thing, well I was wrong. I swung for an hour or so and had only found a brass ring and an old pocket knife. I thought about giving up but told myself to hang in there. A bit later I dug the LC... glad I kept swinging. I carried on and dug a hinge and a spoon handle piece. Then came the button, I've been waiting for a while on this find, I don't run across these very often. Unfortunately the farmers discs ran right across the front of this one, bummer. Seems like all of these I find get run over by something. Oh well, maybe next time. I kept hunting for a little while longer till the rain came in an ran me off.
Sure enjoyed the hunt though. :thumbsup:

Hill

Attachments

• Jan 31 2011.jpg
    Jan 31 2011.jpg
    68.7 KB · Views: 908
  • Jan 31 2011.jpg
    Jan 31 2011.jpg
    103.4 KB · Views: 898
  • Jan 31 2011 001.jpg
    Jan 31 2011 001.jpg
    87.3 KB · Views: 907
  • Jan 31 2011 004.jpg
    Jan 31 2011 004.jpg
    68.6 KB · Views: 900
  • Jan 31 2011 005.jpg
    Jan 31 2011 005.jpg
    73.8 KB · Views: 886
Upvote 0
You dug a lot of junk to get that Large Cent...congrat!

SKD

Nice looking LC it was good that you kept on swinging....Matt.

Nice LC! Even though the button has been dented, I'd have it cuz I don't have one! Neat finds.

Nice LC and nice Eagle. One thing about this hobby, each year after a good hard freeze and thaw, items move in the ground. So really a site is never hunted out, as things move, good targets are still findable.

HH, Ringfinder

Nice work on the copper and the eagle, HB! Beggars can't be choosers on those eagles. And a nice CW backmark on it too. Well done! I have an 1848 and an 1846 LC in my dug collection, but no '47 yet. Excellent cleaning job on that coin, too. You're off to a good start this year. What's that, two coppers and a Flying Eagle?

Cheers,

Buck

You never get it all ! Theres always something left hiding ! Way to stick with it and turn up some keepers ! :headbang: MaineRelic

BuckleBoy said:
Nice work on the copper and the eagle, HB! Beggars can't be choosers on those eagles. And a nice CW backmark on it too. Well done! I have an 1848 and an 1846 LC in my dug collection, but no '47 yet. Excellent cleaning job on that coin, too. You're off to a good start this year. What's that, two coppers and a Flying Eagle?

Cheers,

Buck

Yep, 2 coppers...46 and a 47 and a Flying Eagle. :thumbsup:
RELICDUDE07 said:
Congrats on the coin & the wedding!!That pic is absolutely adorable!!!!!

Thanks on the wedding compliment, my wife would freak if she saw that avatar.

MaineRelic said:
You never get it all ! Theres always something left hiding ! Way to stick with it and turn up some keepers ! :headbang: MaineRelic

Absolutely that's why I went back.

Just one little 'ole LC. That would make my YEAR! :P :D SUPER hunting HB!!! Congrats on the finds!

Nana :)

Nana40 said:
Just one little 'ole LC. That would make my YEAR! :P :D SUPER hunting HB!!! Congrats on the finds!

Nana :)

When your up this way Nana I'll try and put you on one.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back