What's new

Large Cent * Civil War Token * Silver Quarter

E-Trac-Ohio

Gold Member
🥇 Charter Member
Joined
Feb 9, 2020
Messages
10,275
Reaction score
23,263
Golden Thread
0
Location
Eastern Ohio
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
XP Deus 2
Minelab E-Trac
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
A few days ago I hunted the yard of a house that was built in the 1870's.
The land owner told me that no one has lived in the house for over 15 yrs. but he still mows the lawn.
He also said that someone else had detected the yard a few years ago and that "I probably wouldn't find anything". :tongue3:
Only had time to hunt the front and side yards - 90 degrees out.
Plan on going back and hunting the very large backyard next week.

1853 - Large Cent
1863 - Civil War Patriotic Token (the 4th photo is of a Non Dug Version)
1953 D - Washington Quarter
1920 - 1946 - 1956 - Wheat Cents
Ring - Gold Plated (Costume Grade)

Good Hunting !
 

Attachments

  • MAH - 7-11-25 - A.webp
    MAH - 7-11-25 - A.webp
    54.9 KB · Views: 188
  • MAH - 7-11-25 - B.webp
    MAH - 7-11-25 - B.webp
    40.1 KB · Views: 134
  • MAH - 7-11-25 - C.webp
    MAH - 7-11-25 - C.webp
    39.8 KB · Views: 130
  • MAH - 7-11-25 - D - NON DUG - 1863 Civil War Token .jpg.webp
    MAH - 7-11-25 - D - NON DUG - 1863 Civil War Token .jpg.webp
    93.6 KB · Views: 141
Last edited:
Upvote 24
A few days ago I hunted the yard of a house that was built in the 1870's.
The land owner told me that no one has lived in the house for over 15 yrs. but he still mows the lawn.
He also said that someone else had detected the yard a few years ago and that "I probably wouldn't find anything". :tongue3:
Only had time to hunt the front and side yards - 90 degrees out.
Plan on going back and hunting the very large backyard next week.

1853 - Large Cent
1863 - Civil War Patriotic Token (the 4th photo is of a Non Dug Version)
1935 D - Washington Quarter
1920 - 1946 - 1956 - Wheat Cents
Ring - Gold Plated (Costume Grade)

Good Hunting !
Congratulations Nice token. It shows you that a place is never hunted out.
 
A few days ago I hunted the yard of a house that was built in the 1870's.
The land owner told me that no one has lived in the house for over 15 yrs. but he still mows the lawn.
He also said that someone else had detected the yard a few years ago and that "I probably wouldn't find anything". :tongue3:
Only had time to hunt the front and side yards - 90 degrees out.
Plan on going back and hunting the very large backyard next week.

1853 - Large Cent
1863 - Civil War Patriotic Token (the 4th photo is of a Non Dug Version)
1935 D - Washington Quarter
1920 - 1946 - 1956 - Wheat Cents
Ring - Gold Plated (Costume Grade)

Good Hunting !
You did extremely well for a yard where you "probably wouldn't find anything". Congrats on all the finds, but especially the CW token. I've only ever found one. I think they are very cool little bits of history.
 
I think I'm changing my mind on hunting yards!! Some go

I think I'm changing my mind on hunting yards!! Some good finds!
Everyone has the types of places they like to hunt the best.
I've always focused on old Home sites, Vacant lots where old homes were, Church's, one room School sites, etc.
I know a lot of people make fantastic finds in Fields and on Beaches but I rarely hunt these types of sites.
 
A few days ago I hunted the yard of a house that was built in the 1870's.
The land owner told me that no one has lived in the house for over 15 yrs. but he still mows the lawn.
He also said that someone else had detected the yard a few years ago and that "I probably wouldn't find anything". :tongue3:
Only had time to hunt the front and side yards - 90 degrees out.
Plan on going back and hunting the very large backyard next week.

1853 - Large Cent
1863 - Civil War Patriotic Token (the 4th photo is of a Non Dug Version)
1935 D - Washington Quarter
1920 - 1946 - 1956 - Wheat Cents
Ring - Gold Plated (Costume Grade)

Good Hunting !
Wow that is amazing find
 
A few days ago I hunted the yard of a house that was built in the 1870's.
The land owner told me that no one has lived in the house for over 15 yrs. but he still mows the lawn.
He also said that someone else had detected the yard a few years ago and that "I probably wouldn't find anything". :tongue3:
Only had time to hunt the front and side yards - 90 degrees out.
Plan on going back and hunting the very large backyard next week.

1853 - Large Cent
1863 - Civil War Patriotic Token (the 4th photo is of a Non Dug Version)
1935 D - Washington Quarter
1920 - 1946 - 1956 - Wheat Cents
Ring - Gold Plated (Costume Grade)

Good Hunting !
Very Cool!!! Congrats!!!
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom