What's new

LARGE CENTS/HALF CENTS/COLONIALS FINDS.

jfx55

Full Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2006
Messages
183
Reaction score
12
Golden Thread
1
Location
new jersey/pa/bucks county
🥇 Banner finds
1
Detector(s) used
fisher1266-x whites 6000 pro whites 5900 di pro/nautlis 2b
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
these are all my older copper finds so far this year from april 2007 to present so far 40 coins. there are some jersey (horse head) coppers. some bust half cents and 1794 and 1798 large cents as well as some state coppers. and some king george coppers. all where found in open fields or wooded areas from my reseach this year. thank you.
 

Attachments

  • Picture 263.webp
    Picture 263.webp
    20 KB · Views: 1,683
  • Picture 262.webp
    Picture 262.webp
    22.5 KB · Views: 1,666
Upvote 0
holy schmokes !!!!! thems some sweeeeet finds there !!! ;D ;D


i'm in mass, and if i knew how to do research i'd be hittin them oldies too !!! all the best to ya !!!!!!!
 
green 1 if theres a local library near you thats a good start. check out your local area history books or there refrence section
 
JFX props to you bud for all those Beautiful Colonials. ;) ;) ;) ;) ;) My bud found a colonial King George III a few weeks ago and the soil was so good to it, that it looked like it had just been dropped. The detail was unbelievable! Definitely a exception to the rule though. Again, great finds buddy!

HH

Sentinel

"In it to win it"
 
Not that I count but that is about the same number I have had here & they are common, so you must be motoring. Great job.

Yeap Honesty pays everytime
 
Wow that is unbelievable!Congratualations on your superlative research.You have set the standard.How long have you been tecting?
 
Unbelievable! I need to get my butt out more. I only have 1 large cent and 1 New Jersey copper!
 

Attachments

  • 1817.webp
    1817.webp
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,235
  • 1787f.webp
    1787f.webp
    6.4 KB · Views: 1,240
  • 1817.webp
    1817.webp
    4.9 KB · Views: 1,237
sure love the old coins

nice job there HH

DEEPDIGGER
 
Nice collection ya got there! I love finding old coppers...the history those green disks could tell coming out of the dirt... ::) :)

Great job and thanks for sharing!
Hank 8)
 
Wow that a lot of copper!!
Great find there.

I have found anything older than 1916.
 
ah nice haul ! Reminds me of my last colonial copper honey hole! :)
 
I would love to just find one coin that old.

Great collection and detecting. Thank you for sharing.

Rev
 
Stormtrooper154 said:
KirkPA said:
JFX, exactly! That kind of rasearch can be done in any state to find those Colonial coins....there should be no excuses. Good job!

Dude, you just don't get it!!!! LOL Colonial coins are from the states that were part of the original 13 colonies before we had federal coinage! That's why they are called "Colonial Coins". When was Oregon, California, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, etc part of the 13 colonies LOL. I would suggest some History classes at the local community college!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!


BTW JFX, WTG on the Colonial and Large Cents!!!!

I hate excuses! LMAO! Bud, I am only pulling your metal detecting strings. You can at least find some coppas! LMMFAO!
 
Just a side note from us west coasters...

have you seen the population in CA? Have you seen the development? Have you seen the sheer numbers of guys with detectors?..

I have found many sites that would be great places to search.. Most of them are under layers of concrete and steel.. And the ones that arent are State Historic Parks.. Its funny not even guys with whites detectors are allowed there..


LOL... had to let the fun continue..
 
KirkPA said:
Stormtrooper154 said:
KirkPA said:
JFX, exactly! That kind of rasearch can be done in any state to find those Colonial coins....there should be no excuses. Good job!

Dude, you just don't get it!!!! LOL Colonial coins are from the states that were part of the original 13 colonies before we had federal coinage! That's why they are called "Colonial Coins". When was Oregon, California, Washington, Idaho, Nevada, etc part of the 13 colonies LOL. I would suggest some History classes at the local community college!!!!!! ASAP!!!!!!


BTW JFX, WTG on the Colonial and Large Cents!!!!

I hate excuses! LMAO! Bud, I am only pulling your metal detecting strings. You can at least find some coppas! LMMFAO!

Yes, I agree with you! I can and hope to find some large coppas here. That is more like it LOL
 
cay you say colonial, man someone knows where those cellar holes are, great job
 
Wow!! Those old coppas make my heart go badda boom, badda boom....absolutely beautiful!!
 
jfx55 said:
i also always give a few coins to the landowner but most of the time they just say no you keep em you found em / just be honest with folks and doors open. most of the time(some due say no) respect that and just move on. but most folks around here are nice people and just say have at it. H/H-!

I ambush the owners with at least 20 bucks' worth of pizza coupons (gift certificates) from a local pizzarama.

As far as Coppers, Half-Cents, and LCs go, yeah, they're a hell of a lot more sparse in the former Northwest Territories.
It's like Stormtrooper said, but we're hopeful of a rare find. A DFX guy found a shot-through George penny down in Wayne.

I'D JUST LIKE TO FIND ONE! Forty is incredible, even for a former colony like NJ. Outstanding job!!
 
Finds like these are definitely worth praising, bud! Right now, I'm commending your research with 40 continuous soft and hard fist claps.

You make every past New Jersian proud!

Keep up the great swinging, buddy!
 
What a beautiful pile of history!!

Any chance on closeups of some that have some detail left?
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom