What's new

✅ SOLVED Large lead (or pewter?) token?

Steeltowndigger

Jr. Member
Joined
Aug 1, 2019
Messages
58
Reaction score
152
Golden Thread
0
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
I have no idea what this could be, I found in a old park in Grimsby Ont. probably over a foot deep. it definitely has a design what looks like 4 flowers.


t1.webpt2.webp
 
It looks sorta like the top to a sprinkler.
 
Upvote 0
... After a second look, and seeing the two attachment points on the back, I am going to change my thoughts and say it is a horse bridle rosette.
 
Upvote 0
that might be it! I'm trying to find a similar one on google images. i never even noticed the raised attachment points on the back. Amazing
 
Upvote 0
A belated WELCOME to the forum, too! :hello:
 
Upvote 0
Thank you! long time lurker finally had to make a account haha, any idea what age it might be? i wanna say like early 1800s

It looks like an early one ... I will check my books in the morning..my sleeping pill is beginning to kick in..
 
Upvote 0
Great find welcome to tnet Tommy
 
Upvote 0
Welcome Digger, nice find! Reluctant to use the abbreviation STD!
 
Upvote 0
It looks like an early one ... I will check my books in the morning..my sleeping pill is beginning to kick in..

I found your rosette .. it is called a "Feathered Maltese Cross" and says it is made out of pewter.. circa: 19th century
 
Last edited:
Upvote 0

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 6.45.25 AM.webp
    Screen Shot 2019-08-03 at 6.45.25 AM.webp
    53.5 KB · Views: 72
Upvote 0
Welcome to the Tnet forums from Oshawa Steeltowndigger. :hello:
Creskol nailed it... I'm 12 hours too late to the I.D. party.
Here's a pic of an early hand-made rosette I found at park in Oshawa.

Treasure truly is everywhere, we just have to look! :laughing7:

Dave
 

Attachments

  • 20190803_072702.webp
    20190803_072702.webp
    418.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 20190803_072646.webp
    20190803_072646.webp
    379.7 KB · Views: 101
Upvote 0

Similar threads

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom