What's new

Large One Cent

FlightRisk

Jr. Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2016
Messages
23
Reaction score
40
Golden Thread
0
Location
South Jersey
Detector(s) used
Garrett: AT Pro,ACE 250 w/5x8 DD, Pro Prointer
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Today I installed a new 5x8 DD on my ace 250 and I went to my park that had an old school on it from the 1800's dug up a bunch of clad and the ground coughed up this bad boy.

It rang up as quarter about 4" down
 

Attachments

  • 1464719639590.webp
    1464719639590.webp
    31.6 KB · Views: 164
  • 1464719667622.webp
    1464719667622.webp
    37.1 KB · Views: 114
Upvote 34
Cool '22 Large! Thanks for sharing! Did you clean any further?
 
Way cool! Is that 1802 or 1822?
 
Nice LC Congrats and HH
 
I was thinking a mild rubbing with a wooden toothpick.
 
Congrats on the LC. I wouldn't try to clean it any more. I think you'll loose more detail if you do. JMHO
 
Great looking old copper! :occasion14:
 
Congrats, finds like that feed the fire. Your expectations of your finds for every hunt now have been raised. Good luck in future hunts and please post all your keepers. I love this hobby.
 
wow! congrats awesome find.
 
Beautiful Matron Head!! :treasurechest::thumbsup:
 
Wow! Congratulations on the SWEET Biggie! :occasion14:
 
What's not to luv about an early US copper :hello2: ya gotta like those freshly dug greenies ... keep me inspired with this hobby after many years " since 1988 " keeponsearchin'
 
Nice coin. Once you go double d you will never go back to a concentric coil
 
That's a nice one. Looks to be in pretty nice shape too.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom