What's new

Large Victorian pin of some kind...

Diggincoinz

Bronze Member
Joined
Dec 19, 2004
Messages
1,581
Reaction score
212
Golden Thread
0
Location
Wayne County, NY
Detector(s) used
Minelab X-Terra 70 / Tesoro TigerShark / Fisher F70
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Hi, I dug this last week at a mid 1800's home. Obveously it clasps on to something but for what? It seems to be brass and is large in size. Here's a pic of front and back.

Thanks for looking!
 

Attachments

  • IMG_0012.webp
    IMG_0012.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 342
  • IMG_0016.webp
    IMG_0016.webp
    42.2 KB · Views: 325
  • IMG_0012.webp
    IMG_0012.webp
    45.5 KB · Views: 329
Yes Bridle rosette. :icon_thumleft:
 
Upvote 0
That's what I've been hearing also. If so, where does the pretty little lady wear this? In her hair or on her dress somewhere's?

I'm going to present this to the property owners and I'm trying to give them a accurate description of it.

Do you think it's Victorian or early 20th century.

Thanks for your input :happy11:
 
Upvote 0
Silver Searcher said:
:read2:

Not a Bridle Rossette, it is a two part Sash or Belt Clasp, and proberbly Victorian in era :icon_thumleft:

http://www.ukdfd.co.uk/ukdfddata/showrecords.php?product=15606&cat=178

SS

Yes, SS is correct in that it is Victorian era. Now, as far as the sash or belt clasp is concerned, yes, it could be that 'if' the lady's head faces upward and parallel with the back bar. 'If" the back bar is horizontal when the lady's head is vertical, then it could be a scarf slide or the likes. Neat find, Breezie
 
Upvote 0
Diggincoinz said:
That's what I've been hearing also. If so, where does the pretty little lady wear this? In her hair or on her dress somewhere's?

I'm going to present this to the property owners and I'm trying to give them a accurate description of it.

Do you think it's Victorian or early 20th century.

Thanks for your input :happy11:
A bridle rosette would be worn on the pretty horses bridle, head area :laughing7: Sorry, I couldn't help it ;D
 
Upvote 0

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom