What's new

Las Vegas

midnightcaller

Full Member
Joined
Apr 13, 2005
Messages
120
Reaction score
0
Golden Thread
0
Location
Snohomish Area
Detector(s) used
Whites, Minelab
I'm going to be in the Las-Vegas area for a few days, were can I go detecting at in Reneo or Vegas? do I need a permint fpr the parks?? and what about school yards?

I also would like to go wiith someone if possible
thanks
Midnightcaller
 
Las Vegas GPAA can help you.

We don't have streams and rivers to prospect in, Nevada is a desert. You can prospect on MOST BLM land and in Nevada they recomend you contact the office in the area you want to prospect in. If you are a GPAA Member you can use the GPAA Claims as well as the one across the river in Arizona.

For Southern Nevada you can call DeAnna (702) 452-1049 and ask her for details she is the Chapter President, she can also direct you to information for the Reno Chapter.

Do not get caught on any of the Lake Mead Area prospecting they dont play and you will loose your gear and get a huge fine. As for parks most are cool metal detecting around as long as you are just being casual and not leaving behind holes. But most are picked clean by locals who regularly hunt the volleyball sand pits etc.

Schools in southern nevada, don't go near them, depending on who catches you between school police (no sense of humor) to metro could be a please leave to heres a fine and impound your gear. I can not direct you as for Northern Nevada as each county has its own ordanances.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom