Last Day at the Summer Kitchen

T

T Vernon

Went back to the summer kitchen today for a couple of hours and found my second silver a 1945 Mercury dime. I also found:
a BB, Metal button (painted), a pocket watch, a penny, a quarter (clad), a saw blade, and something else that is a mystery. I also found lots of garbage. As I picked up another piece of metal from the new metal roof on the house I got another ding...It was the silver dime at a depth of 3". It has been a fun place to hunt but now it is time to go to my grandpa's house and search some new spots. I will come back to the summer kitchen later. Thanks for keeping me going everybody! My addiction has forced me to do weird things. In fact my wife and I are looking for a house and I am looking at homes based on the md potential and age of the neighborhood!!!!
Travis

Attachments

• DSC_0217.JPG
    DSC_0217.JPG
    47.3 KB · Views: 379
  • merc 2.JPG
    merc 2.JPG
    30.5 KB · Views: 323
Upvote 0

willie d

Silver Member
Jul 13, 2005
Close enough to the beach
Detector(s) used
**Tesoro Tiger Shark** Tesoro Silver Umax** Minelab Sov Gt w/WOT coil** Whites 6000Di Pro SL**
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
T Vernon, what is the item on the far right under the saw blade? Any markings?

Moonshadow

Silver Member
Sep 25, 2004
Aiken, SC
Detector(s) used
Ace 250
Too funny about the MD potential of the house!! :D Glad you found another silver piece. That's make it all worth while!

Happy Hunting,
Moon

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
The Merc is nice...and I totally understand buying the house based on age ...and how about historical neighborhood activity ! LOL

lucky1777

Bronze Member
Aug 2, 2005
Illinois
Nice dime, Just a quick note. We were looking for a new house last year. I had found an old house built in 1880s that was 3 stories and had almost the whole block for its property. I was set on this house, but the wife wasn't. We are now living in a ranch built in the late 60s. Somehow they always get their way. Good Luck.

OP
OP
T

T Vernon

Wille D
That piece of metal does not have any markings that I can see. I believe it is 1/2 of a concrete anchor but not 100% sure.

Going to look at a house from 1904 with .77 acres and outbuildings!!! WoooooHooooo!
Travis

tsgman

Bronze Member
Sep 13, 2005
Springfield, Missouri
Detector(s) used
Minelab 705, Fisher Gold Bug, MXT, Etrac, CTX 3030, GPX 5000, Troy Shadow, CZ20, Excal II, Tesoro Stingray, AT Pro.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Nice finds Travis, Nice Merc. Tsgman

junkdigger

Sep 15, 2004
clarkston,wa.
The piece beneath the saw blade is a wedge that holds the barrel of a muzzleloading rifle into the stock. It goes through the stock forearm and through a slotted lug under the barrel. Could be from an old Hawken rifle or a modern reproduction. From the looks of it I vote for the old rifle theory!

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions