What's new

LAST DIG of day produces Civil War Plate! !!!!

Gregg3131

Hero Member
Joined
May 24, 2015
Messages
706
Reaction score
3,750
Golden Thread
4
Location
Va
🥇 Banner finds
4
Detector(s) used
Teknetics T2 Limited Edition
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
After a long unproductive day at an old site. I was walking back to my car and turned my discrimination on my T2 to 70 as I was frustrated hearing all the iron and garbage after 9 hours of hunting. About 20 feet from my car I got a slamming 92 hit which was shocking as I have pounded this site and am sure I went over this area multiple times. About inches down found this beautiful model 1851 Union officer Sword belt plate. My second of the year. Quite a nice early Christmas gift!!!
 

Attachments

  • 20151215_204214-1.webp
    20151215_204214-1.webp
    337.9 KB · Views: 208
  • 20151215_204053-1.webp
    20151215_204053-1.webp
    309.3 KB · Views: 177
Upvote 104
Hallelujah, hell yeah!!!! Awesome!!
 
Way to go!nice early present indeed.very nice.
 
Banner!!! How many inches down?
 
There are many similar stories on TN where a guy busts his hump hunting a site only to make a major find just feet from his vehicle.

The best bet in the future is to park and hunt within 20 feet or so from your truck or car...:occasion14:
 
It was down about 9 inches.
 
Love those last dig on the way to the truck finds...especially after a looong day woth no goodies in the pouch.

Grats to ya, I hope to find something that old some day, thanks for sharing and HH ALL.
 
Congratz! That is an awesome dig!
 
What can I say! That's awesome! Congrats!

HH, Relic Nut
 
That is one great find. Grats
 
Super find !!!! Congrats !
 
That's freakin' gorgeous! Wow, such a great find!
 
Nothing will get by the T2. Great find
 
Last dig on a 9 hour hunt? That's awesome. Congrats!
 
Wow....not thats a beautiful piece! Congrats.
 
Merry Christmas to you ! You unwrapped it from the dirt ! Great find.
 
Great lookin buckle. Great post. MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!!!!
 
Would love to dig one myself some day. Congrats!
 
That find was well worth the 9 hour wait! Nicely done and congrats!
 
Congrats I can feel your excitement in the post. :occasion14:That would make anyone's day. :notworthy: Has your heartbeat decreased yet?:dontknow:

Merry Christmas to you and your's:icon_santa:
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom