What's new

Last find of the year ... ***GOLD***.... time to sell the ACE250 !!

Mississippi Yankee

Sr. Member
Joined
Jul 22, 2005
Messages
368
Reaction score
2
Golden Thread
0
Location
Petal MS
Have not been around here much as of late because I have not been able to get much hunting in due to the "degeneration" problem with my knees. ( being 300 LBs does not help a whole lot with my leg problems? :D )

( Actually, I lied about not being around here much ..... I have, but only to read about & view all of the AWESOME finds by the rest of you !! I hope to get myself in better shape to get BACK to Metal Detecting ASAP )

My LAST find of the year was also IMO, my BEST find !! It convinced me to give in to my neighbor and sell him my ACE250 that he has been bugging me about for WEEKS !! I will sell the coin off on eBay early next month and combined with the $200.00 I got for the ACE & some Fantasy Baseball winnings for the year, spring for a Whites Detector as soon as I feel my body will cooperate with the use I plan on giving it.

Unearthed this on Sunday afternoon.

I am happier than a kitten following a leaky cow !!? ;D

Hope everyone here has a GREAT Holiday Season !!
 

Attachments

  • 6227.webp
    6227.webp
    74.6 KB · Views: 551
  • 6227a.webp
    6227a.webp
    75.8 KB · Views: 567
Upvote 0
Really nice gold coin! I still cant belive that your selling it. Well whatever you got to do. :)
 
First let me say- VERY VERY VERY nice coin!!!!
It's 99% of hunters goals to find a gold coin, I know It's certainly mine!
How much did the coin end up fetching?

Congrats on the find and hope your around here still,

Jesse
 
Very cool coin. ;D ;D ;D A once in a lifetime find but can't blame you for selling it.

Mirage
 
Yea I agree great find but I cant lie I d rather you stay out of the fields so we can find one too!

LOL Im only joking but something like that Im sure there arent many in the same spot but then again who knows..

Shellback
 
These are going on ebay for 200 dollars and up.

Nice find!

I will say (as others have) I dunno if I could sell my first gold coin like that. But then, it is your decision to make.

And you do have the photos, and the memories, and the story to tell. So keeping the coin is not exactly necessary haha...
;)
 
GREAT find!!!!!!!!!!! I agree with all the others and would NEVER sell it, don;t sell any of my coin finds, but that is me, and I agree with Froggy..it is YOUR find and YOUR coin and this being America, you are free to do whatever you wish with it...:):) That said, I still would not part with it, especially with it being your first gold coin find. Haven't found my first gold coin ....yet...:) But am thrilled to see ANYONE find nice gold coins, or even silver for that matter.....CONGRATS!!!!!!!
 
i wouldn't sell it, cause i'd be dead from a heart attack....... :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o :o
i can't imagine finding that....... ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
 
Michigan Badger said:
Has anybody heard from Mississippi Yankee since last December?

Ah, yeah. I have !! ;)

The Gold Dollar brought about $185.00.

I spent a little time months ago showing my neighbor how to use the Ace & he lets me "Borrow' it whenever I feel up to getting a little detecting in. Shame is, that my legs have gotten much worse as of late & I had to file for disability. The best find I came up with when using the Ace250 "on loan" was a 1863 C/N Indian Head penny that I posted here on TN a couple of months ago.

Shame is, that IF I get approved for Disability, I am REALLY going to regret selling off that gold coin !! Guess I will have to just go out & find another when the legs get better. ;D :D ;)
 
How is this post NOT in the best of treasurenet forum?

Great coin by the way and I hope you get healthy soon! Stay positive!
 
Congratulations on last years gold. Ended the year with a huge bang. Perhaps you can rip up the Christmas season this year as well.

Postalrevnant
 
HOOT HOOT HOOT.....WTG on that coin find. I'm sure your well chuffed...... ;D

GL & HH,

DugHoles
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom