What's new

Last hunt for 2010~ Some Silver....

treeslayer

Hero Member
Joined
Apr 9, 2010
Messages
588
Reaction score
61
Golden Thread
0
Went to dump bank with two boxes of halfs and a dozen bagels and cream cheese for the tellers. They were very happy and I wished them a happy new year and said I would see them next week. They said the same, and also said they had someone drop off $300 in nickles and 1,000 in dimes and asked if I wanted it. I thought it was someone's dump, but I said that I could go through it while watching the boob tonight. The take was 2 war nickles, 1 buffalo, 1 canadian and 30 pre-1950 nickles. Don't really know if I should bother saving them. Also had 4 mercs and 4 Roosies.
PS: Wishing my fellow hunters a happy, healthy New Year!
 
Upvote 0
Treeslayer,
Nice gesture for the folks at your bank -- I need to do that.
Not a bad take on the coins, congratulations. I love those buffalo and war nickles, and especially like the Merc dimes -- classic coins.
Best in the new year,
Steve
 
Thanks Steve~ I always take care of the people that make my job or hobby easier. Last week I gave cookies to one of my pick up banks; A bank with some nasty tellers... Well, this week they were all smiles! I think I will bring cookies more often. It is really worth the investment. Have a Happy and healthy New Year.
 
Hey! Save those pre 1950 nickels. You don't see too many of them anymore.
rileyboy
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom