Oct 28, 2018
NE Ohio
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600 & 800
Bounty Hunter Land Ranger Pro
Bounty Hunter Tracker Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Unless I drive south about an hour, I’m frozen out of detecting for the foreseeable future. We have gotten very little snow, but no shortage of sub freezing nights and barely freezing days without sun...typical NE Ohio winter weather.

Got out today for about 3-1/2 hours and all the bare ground was frozen solid. So I focused on the snow covered areas and came away with an assortment of finds. Most digs needed to get through an inch or two of crust before getting into soft earth, so I’ve resigned myself to packing my gear and getting ready for our 2-1/2 weeks in Florida at the end of the month. It will be nonstop detecting, fishing and eating fresh seafood. Here’s my last batch of finds for the time being. Not sure what that weird multi colored gizmo is, but it rang up a very loud and solid 33-34 on the Equinox 600, just barely below the grass. It’s like a fidget spinner without bearings...just a guess.

Managed a wheatie and a locket that exploded when I popped the frozen ground next to it...didn’t dig any more frozen ground after that. Lesson learned.

Upvote 14
Tight spinner

Glad you got out, congrats on the finds! :occasion14:

In Massachusetts the ground is frozen...but not in the woods, so there is hope for a few more hunts before our weekend snow storm! :icon_thumleft:

congrats on all the finds. frost is a big problem here also. hunted in the woods Sunday and the frost was only in the leaves so that was pretty nice. now those leaves will get covered with a projected 17" snow fall. might be done hunting for some time

After tonight, it's going to be frozen here. I got out to the beach today, got a bunch of clad, sinkers and some jewelry. It's all in the car still. I haven't even looked at it.

You’re dedicated. I almost feel badly hunting here in Hawaii. Really nice finds in tough conditions.

Hi, nice finds. Congrats:icon_thumleft:

Nice finds. Congrats! :icon_thumleft: I actually got out twice in the beginning of January, but no real finds to speak of. But it's too damn cold out now to do anything!

Time for the late late night research for when the weather gets better

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back