Sep 27, 2006
UK
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
:hello:

Well the detecting has been very slow for me this season, commitments have seen me going only a few times :whip2: But I managed to go on a club dig Monday gone ;D

First thing I did was get the venue wrong :-\ and I never arrived to the site till 11.30, the area is well known for sites dating back to the stone age, and my Best find turned out to be a real oldie :o a Tang and Barbed Arrowhead from the Neolithic Period...4000-3500BC, sadly the barbs are broken.
The finds were quite scarce, managed a couple of Roman Bronzes, one a huge Sestersius unfortunately it suffers from bronze disease and the coin is well pitted on the Obverse, although there is still some nice detail on the reverse :)
I managed a nice hammered of Edward1st, and another decent Bronze, but it was nice just to get out in a great area steeped in History, I have shown a few outher finds from a couple of the guys who were detecting, including a very nice Silaqua of Arcadia, and a superb Flint Axehead :icon_thumleft:

SS

Attachments

• sfs 010.JPG
    sfs 010.JPG
    68.7 KB · Views: 694
  • dig 011.JPG
    dig 011.JPG
    120.6 KB · Views: 700
  • dig 002.JPG
    dig 002.JPG
    137.8 KB · Views: 699
  • dig 003.JPG
    dig 003.JPG
    131.8 KB · Views: 697
  • sfs 002.JPG
    sfs 002.JPG
    88 KB · Views: 689
  • sfs 001.JPG
    sfs 001.JPG
    64.3 KB · Views: 734
  • sfs 011.JPG
    sfs 011.JPG
    55.4 KB · Views: 692
  • flint 011.JPG
    flint 011.JPG
    125.6 KB · Views: 695
  • flint 012.JPG
    flint 012.JPG
    132.3 KB · Views: 704
  • dig 005.JPG
    dig 005.JPG
    105.1 KB · Views: 720
  • dig 014.JPG
    dig 014.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 700
  • dig 013.JPG
    dig 013.JPG
    71.7 KB · Views: 714
Upvote 0
:icon_thumleft:

More Pictures....

Attachments

• dig 009.JPG
    dig 009.JPG
    221.7 KB · Views: 757
  • dig 006.JPG
    dig 006.JPG
    115.6 KB · Views: 763
  • flint 005.JPG
    flint 005.JPG
    95.3 KB · Views: 745
  • flint 003.JPG
    flint 003.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 746
  • flint 013.JPG
    flint 013.JPG
    129.2 KB · Views: 756
  • flint 010.JPG
    flint 010.JPG
    106.7 KB · Views: 678
  • dig 012.JPG
    dig 012.JPG
    128.9 KB · Views: 745
Nice finds SS, glad to see you could get out one last time in 2011. :icon_thumleft:

I really love the arrowhead and the flint axe is a great find. I've always wondered why we don't see more artifacts from the neolithic period. I would think those plowed fields would be a great place to find artifacts. Over here a plowed field close to a water source would yield tons of artifacts.

6000 years old. :o

Good luck in 2012.

MKnTenn said:
Some really nice finds! Love those silvers. HH
Thanks, I thought a few more silvers might have come of on the day :dontknow:
RPG said:
Nice finds SS, glad to see you could get out one last time in 2011. :icon_thumleft:

I really love the arrowhead and the flint axe is a great find. I've always wondered why we don't see more artifacts from the neolithic period. I would think those plowed fields would be a great place to find artifacts. Over here a plowed field close to a water source would yield tons of artifacts.

Good luck in 2012.
Thanks, there were four Arrowheads on the day, but to be honest I wouldn't mind spending a few days just walking the area, looking for flint artifacts :icon_thumleft:

Woodland Detectors said:
Fantastic finds! I love the point :hello2: Always love your posts
Thanks Mike :icon_thumleft:

Silver Searcher said:
MKnTenn said:
RPG said:

Good luck in 2012.
Thanks, there were four Arrowheads on the day, but to be honest I wouldn't mind spending a few days just walking the area, looking for flint artifacts :icon_thumleft:

Me too, if you can get something as nice as that :headbang:

I think that was a great day out, specially for a Rally :thumbsup:

CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
MKnTenn said:
RPG said:

Good luck in 2012.

It certainley is a very good area for flint artifacts, PM your address and you can have that one to , if you want :icon_thumleft:

SS

romeo-1 said:
Nice point...but that flint axe is awesome!
Yes I agree, would have loved to have found it.

SS

Silver Searcher said:
CRUSADER said:
Silver Searcher said:
MKnTenn said:
RPG said:

Good luck in 2012.

It certainley is a very good area for flint artifacts, PM your address and you can have that one to , if you want :icon_thumleft:

SS

Thanks but you gave me a much nicer one already :headbang: (in my glass cabinet)

Beautiful finds SS :notworthy:
I wish you Happy New Year and good luck in 2012 :smileinbox:

Beautiful flint arrow head!!
A pity of the sestercius, but the back will look very nice for sure. What is the key?

Why can't you walk that field? No permission?

Congrats on a fantastic dig and day, and thanks for all the good pics

Happy new year

yo6oej said:
Beautiful finds SS :notworthy:
I wish you Happy New Year and good luck in 2012 :smileinbox:
Thanks :icon_thumleft: I should have more time now, so I should get some good hunts in. Good luck to you and Happy New Year :occasion18:

SS
Nutriasub said:
Beautiful flint arrow head!!
A pity of the sestercius, but the back will look very nice for sure. What is the key?

Why can't you walk that field? No permission?

Congrats on a fantastic dig and day, and thanks for all the good pics

Happy new year
I would think getting permission to walk the fields would be quite easy, but it's a 90 mile drive, I take it you are talking about the bronze item, which is a 18thc seed measure :icon_thumleft:

SS

That is a great mix of time in that field :icon_thumleft: Jim

Can't forget that little spoon either :thumbsup: Excellent way to end the year SS !!

civilman1 said:
Can't forget that little spoon either :thumbsup: Excellent way to end the year SS !!
Thanks civilman, that is infact a seed spoon measure :icon_thumleft:
umrgolf said:
Thats a solid way to end the season :headbang:
Hi Jeff, I'm hoping to get out early in the New Year, still plenty time left here :icon_thumleft:

SS

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back