Last hunt of the year and making a new friend

tmanfromtexas

Mar 12, 2006
Deep East Texas near Toledo Bend
Detector(s) used
ETRAC BABY
Hello neighbors!!! I finally got to meet up with Juanmoretime yesterday for a few hours and hunt a spot he picked out. Had a great time. Beautiful weather, perfect ground conditions and some nice finds. I have been in NW Indiana for the better part of the year working and finally took some time off and came home for the holidays. We recently moved to east Texas and I hadnt had much time or luck finding places to hunt. Steve invited me over to hit a spot he knew of and I had to take advantage of it. (The ground in Indiana is frozen so no hunting until March) I worked an area that had been hit pretty hard and was able to pull out 15 coins, mostly clad but did snag 4 wheaties. Steve did well and found some cool stuff too. I appreciate the opportunity to hunt with you Steve and hopefully we can do it again when I get back down here. I hope all have a happy new year and are healthy and prosperous. SMAN...

shanegalang

Bronze Member
Oct 31, 2007
Island of Mozambique
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
XP DEUS, X 35 coil, 11" LF coil, Deteknix headphones with WS4 puck, Fiskars steel D-Handle Transplanting Spade
Primary Interest:
Other
Sounds like yall had a time! Met Steve at the Louisiana Bayou hunt and he is a wonderful person. Glad hes up and at em again! Cheers, Shane

Juanmoretime

Bronze Member
Feb 10, 2008
Shreveport, Louisiana
Detector(s) used
Miinelab CTX-3030, Minelab E-Trac, Minelab Explorer II, Whites Dfx
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Well, a lot of nice things said. Now , I would like the thank the snowman from Texas for taking the time to come over and hunt. Its just like the T-Net hunts we have. There aren't any strangers, just more cool people that like to dirt fish! I really enjoyed meeting Tracy although it did cost me a little money. I put him on a section that we had found a lot of wheaties and some silver and had pounded it to death. Well see he had brought this new E-Trac with him and I wanted to see what it would do on a small pounded patch. Finds on this small area have gone up to 12 inches due to some fill dirt and it was just a great place to test a new machine out. Well, some interesting finds were made BUT at the end of the day he had 15-17 coins he had pulled out under alot of trash in this area and I knew then that this trip had just cost me a new metal detector. The E-Trac was outstanding plus Tracy is a good operator. Well tonight I ordered a new E-Trac and I only hope that I don't end up living under a bridge in a cardboard box.....it depends if the wife can eventually calm down. :tard: Lol! Tracy didn't mention if I could live with him now...guess I better ask him before the brown truck arrives. Lol !!!
Anyway, I'm looking forward to hunting with Tracy again.......LIFE IS GOOD!!! :laughing7:

Steve

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread