What's new

Last minute cartwheel

Lord Verdigris

Silver Member
Joined
Feb 8, 2014
Messages
3,935
Reaction score
9,274
Golden Thread
2
Location
East coast Canada
🥇 Banner finds
2
Detector(s) used
Minelab equinox 800, Fisher F75 Ltd SE 2 & Fisher F2 with 11"DD
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
It was getting dark so I went to a yard near my house. Managed to pull two flat buttons and a 1797 British cartwheel penny out. Man those suckers are big. Looks like someone tried to put two holes through it at one time. Thanks for looking! [emoji2]
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471831809.820298.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471831820.954649.webpImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1471831829.291110.webp
 
Last edited:
Upvote 16
Dagnabbitt, I've never found one of those! Cool find man and a rarer find on our side of the pond.
 
Dagnabbitt, I've never found one of those! Cool find man and a rarer find on our side of the pond.

Thanks. I hope it cleans up a bit better but I don't expect much. Just glad can Id it at least! [emoji2]
 
Thanks. That 2 penny is huge!!!

Yeap, you can see why they were unpopular.

They tried to carry across the silver standard into copper. So at the time 1 ounce of copper was worth 1 penny & guess what; a 2 penny was 2 ounces. NOT PRACTICAL. But fair.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom