Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Okay, I decided the last minute today to go to a church yard I've hunted many times over the years.

Not 20 feet from where I dug that cache of valuable lumber era tokens last year I dug this church coin. For a second I thought I had another David Ward token! I can get $100 each for those.

Oh well, it's not worth any money but a find is a find. It sure seemed good to see that round old looking shape in the hole again!

But the question I have is what is that "Lowney" thing? I know it's broke off something but what?

I also dug some old shells and a clad dime.

The photo of the dug church coin is the real thing. The coin fell into the hole and I set it back into the exact spot where it was seated.

Thanks,

Badger

Upvote 0
R

rvbvetter

Maverick said:
rvbvetter said:
WOW!! Do you know what that handle is to?!!!! You should have kept digging because thats the handle to the spoon that rests within the HOLY GRAIL !!!
Not many people are aware that the Holy Grail is actually a Banana Split boat. If you would have dug a little more you could of had the complete set.
I guess the Holy Grail is lost to humanity again. But maybe some day it will be rediscovered.
We can only hope.

Cool finds!! WTG!! HH

::) I tell ya, there are some people in this world that shouldn't try to attempt using words. The above quote rests my case. ::) ::)

I agree That just about used up my vocabulary. HH

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
rvbvetter said:
Maverick said:
rvbvetter said:
WOW!! Do you know what that handle is to?!!!! You should have kept digging because thats the handle to the spoon that rests within the HOLY GRAIL !!!
Not many people are aware that the Holy Grail is actually a Banana Split boat. If you would have dug a little more you could of had the complete set.
I guess the Holy Grail is lost to humanity again. But maybe some day it will be rediscovered.
We can only hope.

Cool finds!! WTG!! HH

::) I tell ya, there are some people in this world that shouldn't try to attempt using words. The above quote rests my case. ::) ::)

Dangit RVB...I was just donning my Templar Robes and calling the troops together for this new quest...are you telling me its cancelled???

R

rvbvetter

gypsyheart said:
rvbvetter said:
Maverick said:
rvbvetter said:
We can only hope.

Cool finds!! WTG!! HH

Dangit RVB...I was just donning my Templar Robes and calling the troops together for this new quest...are you telling me its cancelled???

uh....would you believe postponed? It seems that some one forgot which Dry Cleaners they dropped the other robes off at. Lets just call it;
Technical difficulties
The second I remember which one I droppe....uh.... they dropped them off at , it's on again. ;D HH

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Boobydoo said:
Another round of interesting finds,
thanks for sharing em Badger.
Best of luck to you!

Smiles!
BDoo

Thanks! I really enjoy this hobby even though the finds aren't always cool old coins or valuable jewelry. Those finds have always been rare for me. It seems like I have to dig a certain amount of junk before I earn the right for another big hit.

But then, the way I am, I think this would bore me if it were easy. If I could just go out and dig silver coin after silver coin I'd soon lose that special love of the hobby and a spirit of greed would take over.

I'm glad for the old iron and even the square nails ;D In fact, I feel like I'm touching those of the past just as much when I dig a square nail as when I dig an old coin.

To me it's really all about touching the past.

Dave N Japan

Bronze Member
Mar 31, 2006
Japan
Detector(s) used
CZ-3D, CZ-20,CZ-21, F-75 LTD, AT Pro, F-44
Fisher Impulse 8 and 10,
GTA 750 CTX (new)
ADS Master Hunter 7 (Retired)
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
Maybe it is a sign from the man upstairs!!!! Get yur tail to church!
I'm like you...I like the history and knowing the thing was part of the past and somebody's life.. Don't matter what the item is!
Nice find... I wish you could come her for a week of hunting...

OP
OP
Michigan Badger

Michigan Badger

Gold Member
Oct 12, 2005
Northern, Michigan
Detector(s) used
willow stick
Primary Interest:
Other
Gadget said:
This looks like your spoon (eBay #7242190799). There's a little history there about it too.

Hey, thanks much Gadget! With all the posts I almost missed this...good job!

Thanks much to everyone who has posted. I really appreciate it 8)

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread