washingtonian

Gold Member
Sep 26, 2005
Puget Sound
Detector(s) used
Equinox 800, Whites DFX
Hey everyone,

Hope you're all doing great!

I'm getting married Saturday so I got my last hunt in as a single person tonight. There's a chance I do some beach detecting in Hawaii on the honeymoon but I'm not planning on too much.

Got out to a handful of different sites tonight. Landed some exciting finds as you can see below. It was nice to get out but I'll be glad when September rolls around and we get some rain. The grass is just too dry around here.

I pulled my nicest buff in a long time. Had to deal with two older women scolding me for detecting on public property tonight. They were both so heated, they started to get mad at each other about who got to tell me off first. That was a first. Yikes. I politely told them I was on public property and would be wrapping up in 10 minutes. Can't be chased off by every crazy with an opinion.

Anyways, here are the photos:
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534390775.614455.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534390787.226627.jpg
ImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534390796.313694.jpgImageUploadedByTreasureNet.com1534390804.512791.jpg

The tally:
-1 Rosie (1948-S)
-1 Sterling Ring (very interesting mark, never seen it look like that before)
-1 Buff (1918-D)
-10 Wheats
-1 Navy button

Thanks for looking and I hope you all get a lot of stuff in the second half of August!
-W

Upvote 22
First off, keep swingin'...Secondly, they are all crazy you will find that out once your hitched there is just different levels of it...Congratz on your finds and soon to be marriage! Been happily married 18+ years to the craziest person I know because she said 'yes'.

Btw, post some pictures when you get back!

Congrats on ur hunt, looks like u do good

Wash, I'm married almost 33 years, may you have a great life together, I'll try to keep the silver going, while your gone.. basssmann Ray

Good show Washingtonian. Good luck on your pending nuptials.

I bet Junior hopes that wedding ring will slow you down, so he can catch up.

Best to you and the future Mrs. W.

You might get the chance to detect a little after the reception. "Jewelry" for sure will be everywhere. Hey, have a limbo contest. That'll do the job.:laughing7:
Good luck in your next life.:icon_thumright:

Good show Washingtonian. Good luck on your pending nuptials.

I bet Junior hopes that wedding ring will slow you down, so he can catch up.

Best to you and the future Mrs. W.

I bet he does, I'll have to send him a list of my sites! :)

Wash, I'm married almost 33 years, may you have a great life together, I'll try to keep the silver going, while your gone.. basssmann Ray

Thanks bass, I hope to be able to say the same to a young guy someday. Get some big shiny stuff while I'm gone!

First off, keep swingin'...Secondly, they are all crazy you will find that out once your hitched there is just different levels of it...Congratz on your finds and soon to be marriage! Been happily married 18+ years to the craziest person I know because she said 'yes'.

Btw, post some pictures when you get back!

Thanks Kudzu, hopefully i have some pictures of some beach jewelry to post!

Congrats on getting married. I wish the best for the both of you! Nice score on the old Buffalo, Rosie, and Wheats. You've got a Sterling ring and a Naval button. It's all GOOD!

Congrats on some nice finds and another silver dime. Tip on continuing to detect on your honeymoon in Hawaii... Hit the beach super early, 5 am, finish by 7:30, arrange for breakfast (her favorite stuff) and bring her breakfast in bed each morning. Maybe a nice arrangement of your gold and silver finds for her next to the freshly squeezed OJ. She will appreciate you thinking of her FIRST, and still get your detecting fix in. Congrats!

nice navy button and finds and congrats on getting married

Washington, congratulations on your wedding. Secondly those are some real nice finds. Enjoy life with your new parter. Maybe the two of you can detect together now. Twice as many finds.

Congrats on the finds! Oh, and the marriage too!:laughing7: We'll expect to see a Mrs.Washingtonian making some post soon! :icon_thumleft: Nice find on that Buffalo. Not a real common date/mint mark. Check for the 8 over 7 that year. You might have hit the jackpot!

Last edited:
grest post im hoping and you as well

Congratualtions on the nice finds! :icon_thumleft:

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back