Last week finds

Goio

Sep 15, 2003
All over!!!
Detector(s) used
Minelab Explorer SE, E-Trac, Excalibur II
I had a couple of days off work last week so I used them to hit as many parks in Chicago as I could! :icon_pirat: with the weather getting cold and the days shorter this was probably my last chance to get out all day :thumbsup: Man, I don't know what I'm going to do once the snow hit us :tard:

Attachments

• Lask week finds.jpg
    Lask week finds.jpg
    78.9 KB · Views: 233
Nick Pappagiorgio said:
Goio ...

You are INSANE ... :thumbsup:

Righteous Finds Indeed ...

~ Nick ~

Thanks Nick!

Once the snow hits? Three words:

Coin roll hunting!

Nice Barber half! Damn, you're good, man. I see you've also scored a war nickel. How many war nickels have you dug this year so far?

Hey, if you wanna keep hunting in the winter, come join me! I'm out til the ground decides it doesn't want to be stabbed.

Joe

Man you are awesome!!! CONGRATS BUD!!!! So are you going for 300 silvers for the year? ;D

So whats the story on that ole Barber half??? How deep was it? Open area or in a wooded area? :icon_pirat:

Freaking swEEEET! MAN!!!

22 silvers in a few days is just banana sandwich dude!

Yo, chill out for 6 months, would ya!? Gotta leave some goodies out there for our kids man... it's all about the kids - lol.

Last week finds,Nice Barber 1/2

I wasn't there for that,but great find..Still having fun w/o me & TMan uhhh ????? LOL................Well if I had your kind of access,
and hours to hunt those grounds....................I would...
...Well I would have found at least SOME of those LOL
Great finds GOIO..............Still lottsa fun isn't it ?????
If there isn't any white stuff sat & sun.....I am going hunting ...........Let me know if you and T are game.............Maybe by Friday ........huhhhhhhhhhhh ?
Congrads on all the great stuff..............I know you worked hard for it !

TreasureFiend said:
Man you are awesome!!! CONGRATS BUD!!!! So are you going for 300 silvers for the year? ;D

So whats the story on that ole Barber half??? How deep was it? Open area or in a wooded area? :icon_pirat:

Hi TF,

The Barber half was not very deep. it was next to a fallen tree, maybe it got pushed up when the tree fell. I almost didn't dig it since I had dug half a dozen crash cans already. I am not shooting for 300 silvers, 200 silver was my target for this season but I'll take what ever the ground gives me :thumbsup:

RootMaster said:
Freaking swEEEET! MAN!!!

Yo, chill out for 6 months, would ya!? Gotta leave some goodies out there for our kids man... it's all about the kids - lol.

Hey RM,

I am digging the goodies for my kids! when I leave this cruel world my kids will have all my goodies to do as they please! ;D

Hey Pops, when are my adoption papers going to get finished?!? Just waiting for you to start targeting gold!

Goio said:
RootMaster said:
Freaking swEEEET! MAN!!!

Hey RM,

I am digging the goodies for my kids! when I leave this cruel world my kids will have all my goodies to do as they please! ;D

Did you say "cruel world"? No, sir. Cruel is metal detecting an old park for 5 hours, once a week for about a month and coming out with maybe 20 wheats and no silver. lol. Minelab ought to hire you to write the E-Trac manual.

Joe

Lowbatts said:
Hey Pops, when are my adoption papers going to get finished?!? Just waiting for you to start targeting gold!

Sorry lowbatts, I meant Kids not pets! :D whenever I get the itch for gold I'll head down your part of town :icon_pirat:

Goio said:
RootMaster said:
Freaking swEEEET! MAN!!!

Hey RM,

I just meant they won't be able to experience the act of hunting for and FINDING silver coins in the ground... or ANY coins for that matter. LOL... exaggeration, but maybe not so much. Of course there will be clad all over the place, but that doesn't really give you the same feeling. Even if you are digging a ton of clad, it gets old after awhile. I suppose the detectorists of the 70's really hated digging wheaties and silver after awhile too.

Maybe you can seed your back yard with about 50 of your silver coins... make sure you put in a good amount of nails, pop tabs, screw tops, junk metal and oh.. some marbles too ;) That way your kids can have a go at hunting for treasure just like you did.

So, who's going to sneak a GPS unit under his car and download the data now and then to see where he has been :evil5:

I'm zero for silver coins in the city parks :angry5:

oz_il said:
So, who's going to sneak a GPS unit under his car and download the data now and then to see where he has been :evil5:

I'm zero for silver coins in the city parks :angry5:

As for City parks, I have only found 1 silver.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back