Last Weekend Coin Finds

J

jamesfrompa

I'm new to metal detecting (2 months). I own a Garrett GTI 2500 and a Ace 250. I like them both. I own a lake house I bought about 2 years ago and found out last year that my property was the local public beach. A lady on the lake showed me some old pictures of their food stand that was on the property and people enjoying the beach. I was also told Indians we also at the lake. Last weekend, I brough my metal detector up to the lake house after I practice on my lawn for a couple of weeks at my home(over dollar in clad coins). I pulled 5 wheaties (1923 the oldest one) 5 clad pennies 2 mercury dimes (1927 and 1943) 1 silver dime (1946) 1 clad quarter 1 neat token that says on the front "Joie Chitwood Auto Thrill Show" with a picture of the guy and the back says "May Good Luck Accompany The Bearer Always" with a picture of a Indian head. The coins were deep between 4-7in. in the ground. I did pull a few deep pull tabs! >:( I have a lot of ground still to cover and a lot of deep signals. I am getting the 12.5in. coil for my GTI 2500 and hope to seek out more deeper targets. I enjoy looking at other people finds. Below is the coins I found at the lake house. I hope to find some older ones soon.

Attachments

• IMG_1693.jpg
    IMG_1693.jpg
    14.7 KB · Views: 436
  • IMG_1695.jpg
    IMG_1695.jpg
    22.1 KB · Views: 430
Upvote 0

alwayslookin

Sep 30, 2004
Indy
Great job!! Welcome to the forum. Private beach and old concession stand, sounds like you have great lplace to hunt!

Dave

Gypsy Heart

Gold Member
Nov 29, 2005
Ozarks
Those are some really nice coins you have found. The concession area sounds like a great place to hunt. Looking forward to more of your finds and pic. Welcome to the forum!

Burdie

Gold Member
Nov 13, 2005
South Central Kansas
Detector(s) used
Etrac
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
When did you want me to visit the lake house? ;D OK Ok welcome to the forum and congrats on your finds and site. Looking forward to your future post. Burdie

vic910

Bronze Member
Mar 14, 2005
Orlando, FL
Great finds! It sounds like you've got a great place to hunt and don't have to travel far to do it! Welcome to the forum! We're all looking forward to some great finds!

vicki

OP
OP
J

jamesfrompa

Thanks everyone for the nice replys. I will post my next finds soon. I'm going up to the lake house this weekend and I should find plenty more good stuff. I'm going to start to dig those deep signals 8)

nevrdundetecting

Sep 26, 2005
Wayne Co., WV
Detector(s) used
Minelab Equinox 600, White's Prizm III, Bounty Hunter Pioneer EX
Pro-Find 15 pinpointer
Primary Interest:
Metal Detecting
nice coins

sounds like you won't have to search for a place to hunt for a looooong time

good luck

HH