JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
Minelab Etrac ,Xp Deus, Ctx 3030, Vanquish 440 X 2, Equinox 600, Equinox 800
Last week's Digs.

Hi all, been trying to load this up today but sometimes the pictures just don't want to load. If I rescan them then they go through. Had to do it 3 times today to get it to work.

Finally they are going through again. My kids passed along a nasty cold over to me last week so I wasn't out alot. Managed to get out for about 10 hrs in the past week or so. I'm good now and ready to go. I got most of this stuff from a old park I like to hunt.

I got a few spots lined up here that should produce some good finds. I got permission to hunt this complex that has a good bit of newer silver in the ground. The bad part is the clad is 5 inches deep. The silver is like in the 8 and 10 inch range. You have to have tone i.d to hear it that deep under the clad and garbage. It's fun to cherry pick a spot first then dig all the gold nickle and relic hits.

Me and my brother sampled it the other day and came away with about 20 wheat's 4 silver washingtons and one silver ring. Some clad and artifacts also. The case you guys see that would have held a lighter is a Harley Davidson lighter case. I cleaned it to displaying condition. I should have done a before and after picture for you guys. Don't know how old it is but it's? neat. There was a lighter still in it. I took a screw driver and musled it out.

I also found another really old cellar hole. I don't think it was ever hit either. To hard to get to. You can't even park on the road. You have to get into the woods somewere else and walk a few miles. May be worth it though. I'll let you guys know when I go and take that venture. I'll have to have time to go to this site.

Good Luck JerDfx

Attachments

• A wheatie week.jpg
    A wheatie week.jpg
    115.2 KB · Views: 251
  • Some relics.jpg
    Some relics.jpg
    88 KB · Views: 258
  • Some relics 1.jpg
    Some relics 1.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 244
  • Some relics 2.jpg
    Some relics 2.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 240
Upvote 0

JARMAN

Bronze Member
Jun 10, 2004
Re: Last week's Digs.

Nice coins and relics Jer,Hope you get your pic, problem solved, would love to get a better look see at tho's relics.HH

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Thanks you three. The picture problem yesterday was brutal. But I got them up. Hopefully I can pick up a digital camera here soon and solve that problem. Can't wait to get back out.

Good luck to all HH Jer

lonewolfe

Gold Member
Feb 14, 2005
West Michigan
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used
A stick with a box at one end and a round thing on the other.
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Excellent finds!

Love the Token, and the old Rosett/Broach thing!

Keep em coming!

HH

Lonewolfe

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Hi guys, thanks for the replies. It's noon right now and thinking about a evening hunt tonight for a little while. Gonna go to my uncle's house and hit that complex maybe and try and pluck a few silvers out. Have to see how the wife's mood is after work first. I'll let you guys know how it goes later in the week. Unless I find a hoard or something.

HH Jer

Emperor Findus Cladius

Bronze Member
Sep 2, 2004
TX
Detector(s) used
Whites Vision/V3 Spectra, AT Pro
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting

Nice finds!!! Would sure be nice if you could take about 4 inches of topsoil off!!!! :)

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Thanks wayne, yeah I know. You earn your findings at this spot. You have to dig so deep to find the stuff. When it's hot and dry around here like it's been don't help to much. But once you see that first peice of silver after about 10 dug holes or so. You kind of forget and want to hit another.

Gonna go there tonight and try and get an 1 hr or 2 of hunting in. Hope I can find some goodies. I know there is atleast wheats and relics there. All the wheats are from the 40's and 50's mostly but they are still better than the modern garbage we carry around for change.

I'll post later in the week. HH Jer

Steeler Fan

Apr 3, 2005

VERY NICE FINDS! You always seem to have great luck!

I was in Pittsburgh about 6 or so years ago, before they imploded Three Rivers. Got a pic of me on Mount Washington with the stadium behind me. Everyone was very nice, even though they picked on me since I was from Texas! ::)

I would love to move there sometime.

GO STEELERS GO!

Steeler Fan

OP
OP
JerV3

JerV3

Gold Member
Feb 28, 2005
Three Rivers
🥇 Banner finds
Detector(s) used

Thanks steeler fan. Yeah luck has something to do with it. It's also the area here in pittsburgh. It's really old. I have a high performance machine to that doesn't seem to miss much if anything.

I have also spent thousands of hrs in the feild with it and probably match those hrs in learning it. Experience is a big key. I was just in ft worth texas not to long ago. That's cool that you got to go up to the mount while you where here visiting. The new steelers stadium and basball park are nice.

Let me know if you ever get up here again. Wish you luck down there. Take care Jer

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread