Oct 25, 2020
Reno Nevada summers, Las Vegas winters
🥇 Banner finds
🏆 Honorable Mentions:
Detector(s) used
Garrett ACE 400, Nokta Simplex+, Nokta Legend, Nokta Accupoint
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Spent the week camping and hunting a remote area. More pics and story posted on "Today's Finds".
IMG_5770-1.jpeg

Thanks for lookin'!

HH

Upvote 16
Spent the week camping and hunting a remote area. More pics and story posted on "Today's Finds".
View attachment 2106595

Thanks for lookin'!

HH
Well found, I read on the other post that conditions weren't the best.
Now are these as found, or have you coated them with something?

Well found, I read on the other post that conditions weren't the best.
Now are these as found, or have you coated them with something?
Thanks Pepper, they are as found. The other side often has a gray patina as Creekside mentioned, and as seen on this point. This is the point below the penny in the first pic. Usually they are laying shiny side up.

Attachments

• IMG_5763.jpeg
    IMG_5763.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 9
Really nice finds on those dark obsidian artifacts. I used to find many in one trip now I’m lucky if I find just one point. Super finds
Thanks Creek! I used to find this many or more in a day, but now this was 3 1/2 days of hunting.
Still, happy not to get skunked!

Thanks Creek! I used to find this many or more in a day, but now this was 3 1/2 days of hunting.
Still, happy not to get skunked!
I don’t find obsidian but black chert just to clarify it. But one time this year December-January in one spot I found a total of 20 artifacts. I haven’t ever had a month like that. But since then the skunk comes more than normal. Leaves are falling now.

Wow great pieces, I especially like the crescent, if I’m not mistaken on the Id, that’s a really great save
Thanks, yeah, in the 30+ years I've been hunting Nevada I have only found two whole crescents and about a half a dozen broken ones. This one was close enough to whole to feel like a good find.

Great, beautiful finds. Obsidian is always pretty. Congratulations and thank you for posting and sharing.

Sorry I had to come back and drool on your good fortune. I love the high grade material

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back