Last Weeks Hunts

Americus

Silver Member
Sep 18, 2008
Last Week's Hunts

I found these last week during 3 hunts in different sites/fields.

Nice hafted scraper. This was found in a field with seed beds that had not been planted because it has been so dry. It had had no rain on it but is a sandy field.

100_5029.jpg

100_5032.jpg

100_5033.jpg

100_5035.jpg

This was found in a clay field that had been turned but had had no rain on it.

100_5039.jpg

Upvote 0
Re: Last Week's Hunts

5 whole artifacts with no rain is great. Yours always have a tinge of red, do they after you clean them too? Or have these been cleaned? That scraper is pretty big :icon_thumleft:

naturegirl said:
5 whole artifacts with no rain is great. Yours always have a tinge of red, do they after you clean them too? Or have these been cleaned? That scraper is pretty big :icon_thumleft:

These have all been cleaned. The hafted scraper is made from a reddish chert. Several of the other points came from fields of red clay.

Nice going. Did any of your fields get any rain since last Wednesday? We finally got some here at the house but not near enough.
I walked a creek Friday and the water never got above my knees. It's scary!

Nice looking finds, especially for the fields not having any rain. I bet you find a ton of Points once they get rain on them.

fyrffytr1 said:
Nice going. Did any of your fields get any rain since last Wednesday? We finally got some here at the house but not near enough.
I walked a creek Friday and the water never got above my knees. It's scary!

We got .6 inches over the weekend but I was out of town. I'm going to look tomorrow. I hope the rain uncovered something.

Nice Americus. As always you find some really nice stuff. You have posted many here on this site. Thanks for sharing :thumbsup: Hope the rains come your way.

Top Member Reactions

Users who are viewing this thread

Back