What's new

Lastest and greatest from old sites with a new machine!!! X2 half dimes!!!!!

fishstick

Silver Member
Joined
Oct 28, 2012
Messages
3,341
Reaction score
12,238
Golden Thread
0
Location
Indiana
Detector(s) used
Fisher F5, T2SE, F2 for the boys, XP Deus
Primary Interest:
All Treasure Hunting
Howdy all, had a chance to take my new D2 out to a few sites finally and have to say I love it. Super stable and sings like a rock star when crossing a goodie. Double half dimes from the capped dime field had me stoked for sure. 1868 two center is in really good shape as well as the 1837 LC. Some nice buttons to with what I believe is some cufflinks. All in all some fun swinging with the D2. Thx for looking
img_20251012_213524066-webp.2228967
IMG_20251012_213634148.webp
IMG_20251012_213958833.webp
IMG_20251012_214046838.webp
 

Attachments

  • IMG_20251012_213524066.webp
    IMG_20251012_213524066.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 502
Upvote 31
That's a really good hunt in my book. Nice job!
 
I swing a D2 also such an amazing machine! Congratulations on some stellar finds
 
Congratulations on the new machine Glad you like it :)
 
Amazing finds - I don't remember ever seeing two Half Dimes found in the same day before - congrats !
Continued good luck with your new D2 !
 
Amazing finds - I don't remember ever seeing two Half Dimes found in the same day before - congrats !
Continued good luck with your new D2 !
DEF a first for me!!! Hopefully not the last tho lol
 
Nice finds! I don't see a cuff link, but, maybe that roofing nail is what you think is one.
 
Hell yeah looks like you had a great day !
 
Nice finds! I don't see a cuff link, but, maybe that roofing nail is what you think is one.
I don't believe it's a roofing nail, place was gone before they came around. It has a small lip like it had an inset of some sort.
 
I don't believe it's a roofing nail, place was gone before they came around. It has a small lip like it had an inset of some sort.
It definitely a roofing nail, specifically a vintage slate roofing nail, this type are no longer used, new type looks more like a regular roofing nail.
Here are some unused ones like yours on Ebay.

 
Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Howdy all, had a chance to take my new D2 out to a few sites finally and have to say I love it. Super stable and sings like a rock star when crossing a goodie. Double half dimes from the capped dime field had me stoked for sure. 1868 two center is in really good shape as well as the 1837 LC. Some nice buttons to with what I believe is some cufflinks. All in all some fun swinging with the D2. Thx for looking
img_20251012_213524066-webp.2228967
View attachment 2228968View attachment 2228970View attachment 2228971
How deep does the new machine go verses the old one?
 
It definitely a roofing nail, specifically a vintage slate roofing nail, this type are no longer used, new type looks more like a regular roofing nail.
Here are some unused ones like yours on Ebay.

Well I'll be damn, learn something new everyday. Thx for the ID. Really surprised I've not found more of them over the years.
 
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
How deep does the new machine go verses the old one?
Seems to be a lil deeper but DEF better separation which was what I was hoping for.
 

Users who are viewing this thread

Latest Discussions

Back
Top Bottom